35: Something started.

I flashed my eyes the instant I thought I felt a hand grip only my neck. I glanced around only to discover I was in complete darkness except from the light blurring into my eyes from outside with the soft music of the party still going on.

I glanced up at the clock on the table just close to my face and it was just nine thirty.

Didn't sleep long.

I got onto my elbows to assess the room further only to pause when I saw a figure just by my bed and it quickly came into my mind that it was Ash.

Despite the darkness around us, his blue eyes still glimmered in the darkness. He was looking down at me but saying nothing. Just watching me.

"It's creepy to stare at someone in the darkness." I pointed it out with a small chuckle only to hear him sigh out as if he was bored out of his skin.

"I really hate you sometimes." He said and I stared at him for a moment, unsure of what to say.

"I'm sorry about yesterday, honestly." I admitted as I sat up and crossed my legs together. "I wasn't considerate of you."

"I'm glad you apologized." He said and I couldn't tell through the darkness whether he was smiling or not. He was shading the light with his body. "I don't know if I should accept it or not."

"Why not?" I asked a bit let down. "I apologized though."

"Convince me with your science tips." He said and I smiled at that as I glanced at the ground for a moment.

"Did you know apologises are proven to be most effective when constructing a relationship that was broken. By saying 'I'm sorry' without truly meaning it, relationships tend to damage further as trust is eradicated with time. However, apologises with the true feelings of the sender tend to bring broken relationships to a fresh start. Take it like repairing a mirror. You can't glue back a broken mirror, it still has a deformed image right? But instead of repeating those mistakes and apologizing every single time, you can buy a new mirror with your entire thought and feelings put into it. That way you won't break it again." I said and he chuckled slightly as he glanced at the ground for a moment.

"So which mirror do you want to have?" He asked and I bit on my lower lip as I glanced at the pillow beside me.

"A new one." I said and he sighed out so loudly that it startled me.

"Then let's buy it together." His voice came out heavy and dragged. As though he was trying to whisper and speak at the same time.

"I'd like that." I giggled softly then leaned in to him, he leaned in as well, connecting our lips together in an instant.

He made it as short as possible which was very odd taking that it was coming from him.

"I really missed you." He said and I chuckled softly.

"You couldn't resist the kiss I gave you right?" I asked and he nodded with a soft laugh.

"I wanted to kiss you so badly but I had to stay mad at you until you apologised and promised not to do that again." He said as he got up from whatever he was sitting on and sat beside me on my bed.

"You were making out with two girls and I didn't get that angry at you." I whined and he shrugged his shoulders and laced our fingers together.

"I don't like it when other guys touch you." He said as he leaned closer and began kissing my neck.

"Well I also don't like it when you leave me in the library and go off with girls." I said as I shut my eyes, enjoying the tingles he left behind.

"Next time I'll take you with me to go flirt with them." He chuckled and I nagged my shoulder at him.

"Ha ha." I said annoyed as I struggled to unlace our fingers, yet he resisted and just brought pain to me.

"I'm joking." He laughed and I frowned deeply at him. "I was joking."

"You have a good sense of humour." I hissed at him and he chuckled some more before sighing out.

I felt his fingers stroke my the top of my lip softly as he simply sat beside me, saying nothing for a while.

"Riley, I want you." He whispered and I felt my chest tighten a bit.

".... Uh." I cleared my throat and he chuckled beside me.

"Not in that way. I want you to be mine." He said and I glanced at him in the darkness and I could tell he wasn't joking.

"If I accept you I don't want to be hurt." I said even though I knew most of them usually agree and hurt you after.

"I promise I won't." He whispered as he kissed my shoulder. "I don't think I could ever get tired of you."

"Cheesy." I chuckled and he shrugged his shoulders.

"You can have nachos with that." He said and I smiled as I stared at the darkness, thinking of what to do.

I like his attention. Very much in fact. I know him inside and out and I know every little detail he couldn't tell anyone.

He might know me inside and out. He's obsessed with me -- I don't have a problem with that-- he easily forgives me, he understands me... I think. Yes he does and he cares about me.

Peter....

All I know is that he likes me and he's shy and well, not so physical.

I could get to say yes to him but regret it after and he might just not be my type.

"I feel like you're about to say no." Ash said in the background and I sighed out.

"Yes." I said then glanced down at our hands.

"Yes to no or yes as yes you will be mine?" He asked and I cleared my throat a bit.

"Yes as yes." I said and he moved so much that I got unbalanced for a moment before I discovered he knelt in front of me on the bed. Probably to see my expression.

"I'm serious about this. If you're not then you'll have to die if you want to get away from me." He said and I chuckled as I reached out and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I know Ash." I whispered and he smiled as he leaned in and planted his lips on mine.

At least something is starting.