Chapter Five (By The Eight)

"How was the meeting, Tuilius?" My guard asked.

"Stupid." Rikke stormed into the barracks and flicked her boots off.

I chuckled, "She did not enjoy the trip."
"I can tell." The guard said.

I walked up to my chambers, fell into my bed, and into a deep sleep.

*  *  *  *  *  *
RIKKES POV

I woke up angry. The treaty was completely unacceptable. This was not going to help our efforts at all! By the gods, if only Ulfric wasn't so stubborn. I wish i could just talk some sense into him. He's had my heart since the day we met. I wish he would chose me over Talos. Wait what am i saying? I dont want that. I want to defeat his stupid stormcloaks and bring peace back to my home.
"Telegram for Legate Rikke!" I heard a corrior say from down the hall. I scoffed and walked over to the door. A letter from... Ulfric?

      Rikke,
I don't know why i let myself write you this letter. I know i am the last person you want to hear from, but we need to talk. I need to see you and explain myself. Please meet me in the Dawnstar inn in a week. If you don't show up i understand.
    Regards,
          Ulfric

Oh damn him. I know i should go, but what if this is a trap? What if he's tricking me into going, just so he could kill me and defile the peace treaty? This was sketchy. I decided not to tell Tulius about the letter and just go downstairs to get breakfast.

Todays breakfast consisted of a sweetroll with extra drizzle. My favorite.
After breakfast, i went back to my chambers and read the letter over and over again. What should i do? I decided to ask the one person i trusted.... Svana.

--------------------

Svana was a 9 year old girl who wandered the streets of Solitude in hopes that someone would pick her up and take her home, though she already lived with her parents, they were open to letting her find a new home. I found her walking near the cemetery picking nightshade in her small little hands.

"Svana." I said sternly.

Svana quickly turned around and looked at me with a smile.
"Rikke!" She yelled and brought me into a bear hug. "How's the war?" Her face went expressionless.

I knew it was hard for her to talk about the war against Talos, her whole family worshipped him like any other true nord, but since the worship was outlawed, they had to start doing it in secret. Especially since Svana's uncle Roggvir got executed for opening the front gates for Ulfric to escape after he killed the High King.

"The war is fine, Svana. You shouldnt worry about such things. But i do have a big question for you." I smiled. I walked her from the cemetery and to the training area near the Blue Palace. No one really went there, so it was a perfect place to talk privately.

"Svana, i got a letter from an old... boyfriend." I lowered my head. She squealed in delight.

"Did he say he missed you? Are you in love? Are you going to see him?!" She jumped up and down and i laughed.

"No Svana, thats why i wanted to talk to you. He wants to see me and talk."

She looked confused. A nine year olds perception of love was simpler than it actually was.

"Whats the problem with that?" She asked, looking up at me. I sighed and took the crumpled letter from my pocket.

"Here." I handed it to her.
She read the letter in awe, at first smiling as bright as the sun... and then her jaw dropped.
"Y-your old boyfriend is.... Ulfric?" She whispered.
"Yes, and he wants to talk to me. I have a weird feeling its a trap. What do you think i should do?" I asked my friend.

Her face lit up and she said, "GO! You have to go Rikke! Think about how this could benefit everyone! If you guys make up, maybe you can persuade Ulfric to stop being such a skeever-brain!"

I chuckled. She did have a point. I really hoped it wasn't a trap.
"Okay, i'll go." I smiled at her.
By the eight, what am i getting myself into?