Chapter 9 (Normal)

RIKKES POV

The Winterhold air was colder than Tulius' heart. Some guards and i have been investigating near the college for magical entities that may have escaped during a "magical accident." It seems to happen a bit too often at the college.

"I heard the Dragon Born was involved this time. Apparently she has to go to the Labrynthian and get a staff to control all the chaos in there." One of my men said aloud.

"And how would you know all that?" I asked, smiling.

"My cousin happens to be the best librarian in the college. And the only one." He laughed.

I knew of the Orc he was speaking of. He is famous throughout Skyrim for his advanced magical findings. He can speak over 10 lost languages, so any book is of value to him.

"Look! Down there! Another magic-t-thingy!" A guard pointed down between a crevass of glaciers. There was a green entity that resembled an ice wraith, but much more annoying.

We all charged for it full force with our swords in the air. Some men were screaming out and others just leaped as fast as they could over to the enemy.

What a bunch of horker-heads.

It took only a moment to defeat the magical entity. We all overwhelmed the creature to the point of self destruction. Meaning: it just exploded.

The men cheered and grouped together as if theyd just won the war. Imagine how theyd act when we DO win the war.

I smiled at the thought. Nothing would bring me more happiness than knowing everyone in skyrim can hold their families close and not have to worry about our land weakening. One day, i thought.

The men and i searched around the college until there were no more entities to be found.
"I think thats it, men. You should all make your way back home. Im going to stay in the inn for a few days." I waved them off.

"Yes legate!" The Orc jokingly saluted and i rolled my eyes. I tried my hardest to hold back the smile that had already formed on my lips. I had to admit, these soldiers were fun. During the Great War, they were serious and mean. I guess all wars are different.

The Winterhold inn was warm and inviting. The walls were chipped and and ashy. A firepit was placed right in the middle of the inn. It was convenient, however, because of the blistering cold. The fire kept everyone warm.

"Would you like something to eat or drink, maam?" A waitress asked me once i sat down. I could really use a sweetroll.

"Have any sweetrolls?" I smiled.

"No, sorry. We have bread, mead, and ice cold water." The waitress smiled.

It was sad to see how much of a toll the wizards have taken on the rest of Winterhold. It's not like they can go anywhere else.

"Water's fine. Thank you." I replied. I would have to give her a generous tip. The waitress walked over to the counter and poured water into a tankard then reached into a bucket and put ice into the tankard. It was cool that all the ice stayed cold without magic.

I was thinking of asking Elisif to send more troops and architechs here after the war. Im not sure she would listen to me, but its worth a shot. I have a feeling that's what she had in mind as well.

The waitress brought back the tankard of water and asked, "is there anything else i can help you with?"

"A room please." I put a bag of septims on the table.

"That will be 10 septims, maam." She stated, nodding.

I handed the full coinpurse to her and she raised her eyebrow. There was definitely more than ten septims in that bag. I winked at her and walked away into an empty bedroom. The bed was old and worn. Hay stuck out of the sides and a blanket was lazily thrown on top of the mess. Well, its better than nothing, i thought and fell onto the bed with a sigh.

I really hoped this war would end soon. It was starting to exhaust me. Sometimes it felt as if i could not stand up right anymore. I wasn't as young as i used to be. I dont know if Skyrim will ever go back to being how it was. Normal.