Chapter 11 (Crashing A Wedding)

Rikkes Pov

The healer from the shack said i had only a few weeks until my final day. I had no idea what i was to do. Even if i did manage to win Ulfric back, i would die before we could actually be together. The war was still going on, there was no way this could work. I was going to his wedding, not to ruin it, but so i could let go.

Tulius picked out a perfect disguise for me. A big black dress from Radiant Rainment and a mask to match. I couldnt have Ulfric recognizing me.

"Are you ready?" The carriage-man asked.

"As ready as ill ever be." We set off.

  SOFIES POV

This day was a disaster! Father left me in charge with the ring to give Viola and i cant find it! I searched all over the palace, but its nowhere to be found. I decided maybe i should check in father's room. Maybe i dropped it in there.

He wasn't in his room, so it gave me a chance to really look thoroughly. I spotted an unopened package on his desk and walked over to it. What if the ring was in here? I knew it was an invasion of privacy, but i was willing to do anything for my fathers wedding.

I quickly tore open the box and inside was yet another box, but a bit nicer. I clicked open the hinge on the box and there lie a ring. It was golden and was way nicer than the old silver ring father gave to Viola for their engagement. I smiled and put the ring in my pocket.

Everything was going to work out after all!

RIKKES POV

The walls of Windhelm were as stony and snowy as i remembered. The city was decorated with lights and banners all over. There were bands playing in every corner of the city, but the palace seemed to glow in the center of the celebration. The throne room was empty and spacey except for the wedding isle and chairs set up for the guests.

The guests were spread in groups, sipping wine and laughing as if this was the best party theyve ever attended. And it probably was.

As moments went by everyone started to crowd into the throne room... including Ulfric. He was wearing his finest robes and a big golden crown. It made me uneasy to know he was marrying another woman, but i came here to let go.

"It's time everyone!" Ulfric's steward shouted with a big smile. The people started to whisper and giggle on their way to their seats. I sat in the front row on the far right, so i could see every moment. It was going to pain me, but its what i had to do.

Music started up as everyone got in their places. Ulfric stood to the left of the wedding altar and smiled when Viola started to walk towards him.

She wore a white gown with blue flowers along the neckline and her waist. The dress was pretty, and i was happy for her. Genually.

Tears fell from my eyes and i smiled. He was finally getting the life he always wanted. I was happy for my old friend.

Viola stood in front of Ulfric and he took her hand. Galmor stood with two amulets of Mara and Talos. He placed the amulet of Talos on Ulfric and the amulet of Mara on Viola.

Of course, i thought. Ulfric wouldnt even agree to wear an amulet of Mara for his own wedding. It was always going to be Talos.

Galmor recited the wedding vows and promises.

"Rings!" He shouted to the back of the room. A little girl ran up in a little gray dress, much like Ulfric's robes, and handed a silver ring to Ulfric and a golden one to Viola.

Ulfric looked at the ring is disbelief. The ring shone brighter than any acessory in the room. Viola held up the ring with a smile. That smile suddenly turned into a frown.

" R  plus  U? Who's R?" She demanded. Everyone in the audience gasped and the realization hit me. That was my ring.

I quickly got up in all the commotion and ran out the palace doors as fast as i could.

"Who did this?" I heard Ulfric yell from inside the palace.

"SHOW YOUR FACE." He shouted, as if he knew i was there. As i ran, a wicked smile spread across my face and i laughed. The cold air stung my lungs when i laughed.

I kept going until i reached the carriage and the man looked at me with disbelief.

"GO! Hurry!" I shouted and jumped into the back of the carriage. He whipped the horses and they went flying off. Behind me, i saw Ulfric and Galmor, followed by a heap a guards, watching me leave. I smiled.