Conflict

Izuku was standing in front of Tenya, both of them in the middle of the ring.

Midnight glanced at Izuku one more time before raising her hand and starting the match.

"As 1-A's class president, I cannot in good conscious let someone like you advance to the finals." Iida didn't hesitate to use his speed and attack Izuku. He delivered a roundhouse kick aiming for his head, wanting to finish it one blow.

He missed.

"What, but?"

Even the crowd was confused because to everyone, it looked like Izuku didn't even move.

Tenya was in shock, Izuku was glaring at him after having dodged a high-speed kick like if it was an illusion.

"Your speed isn't a variable to me."

Was all he said before blasting Tenya with a kick of his own. Except it happened in the blink of an eye. It wasn't that it was faster than Iida's kick, it was that Izuku's kick like his punches, could be instantaneous.

But how could one ever realize that with the naked eye? What was Izuku's ability? This is a question that his father and grandfather have discussed at great length but they could never come to any conclusive conclusion.

"Gwhaaa!" He coughed out spit. He tried to recover but ended up tumbling and scraping himself up. He got up to one knee with wide eyes. 'Is he faster than me? But my quirk is speed! He's saying he doesn't even recognize it as fast? That's ridiculous! Although I have to admit that I was underestimating him. He was able to beat Todoroki after all... a feat that should be impossible for anyone quirkless! That's it, no matter what Izuku Midoriya has a quirk!' With that knowledge he stood back up, facing Midoriya. He harshly pointed at him as his glasses glared. "I figured out your trick! This match is over!"

Izuku had one hand crossed across his torso and the other one had its elbow placed on his forearm, holding his hand to his chin, and his fingers over his lips. He looked bored, except he wasn't.

He was mumbling to himself as he analyzed all the information on Iida simply from his first attack. A distinguishing character trait forever imbued within Izuku Midoriya!

"Hey are you listening, I said this match has already been won by me."

"I heard you. It's just irrelevant."

"How dare you simply set me aside! I am the proud younger brother of Ingenium, and I won't stand for this, especially from a delinquent in general studies!" Iida revved his engine and blasted off towards Izuku. 'Even if you have a quirk, I can defeat you!'

Izuku remained in his pose thinking about Iida's plan of attack. "He wouldn't attack directly like he did earlier, if he does this match is over."

Tenya jumped before reaching him and did a front flip, planning to drop his leg on him with a heavy kick.

Izuku's eyes narrowed. "That doesn't make sense." But still dodged it with his illusionary speed.

Except Tenya was hoping for that. Instead of landing on his feet, Tenya continued the flip into a handstand, behind Izuku, completely open to attack. "I knew it! It's not that my kicks go throw you, it's that you dodge it in a way that looks like you never moved, even though you definitely did! Recipro, burst!" Iida went into overdrive and kicked his leg out like a tornado, nailing Izuku in the side.