The Light of Dawn

"Whatever you did to her, how can we undo it?" Granger demanded to Alice as he pointed his gun on her.

She looked defenseless lying in the ground with her wings now torn and crumpled like leather. And Granger hated how she could still manage to smirk despite her situation.

"Do you really think I'll answer that, boy?"

He aimed for her ankle and pulled the trigger, Alice barking out in pain before seething at his direction, her fangs bared out.

"Tell me."

The blood demon stared at him and smirked.  "It can not be undone!" She announced and laughed sinisterly.

Fuming with anger, Granger exhaled to calm himself down. But the hand holding his gun was trembling as heat and desperation spread all over his body.

He had to find out. He was sick of watching his friends go so close to death and being in the position where he could just watch and do nothing was something he did not want to be in again.

So he had to do anything just to make sure Guinevere would be alright even after this battle.

He bent next to Alice and was about to reach for her wings when someone landed right behind him.

He was sent flying five meters away before he could even turn to see who it was.

He landed on his back, the pain of fall in getting worsen by the rock he landed over.

But he got up immediately, trying to ignore the sore all over his body.

And he saw Argus, picking up Alice.

He quickly got to his feet and ran. He couldn't let them get away.

But Argus flapped his black wings and they rose into the air, irritation filling up Granger.

They had gotten a few meters away when a series of blood orbs hit Argus' wings and made them falter.

A few more hits and both of them went down.

Granger ran to their direction and saw a couple towering over the fallen creatures.

Both of them had ghostly white skin that seemed to glow under the moonlight, both ridiculously good-looking, but there was something in their faces that implied to Granger they weren't human at all.

The pair turned to his direction and he confirmed his suspicion as soon as their crimson eyes fell on him.

And he got confused as soon as he figured out what they were.

Why would a couple of blood demons attack their kind?

The man, who had jet black hair, was stepping over Argus's wings, making him struggle as he tried to sweep the male blood demon off.

The lady, on the other hand, was merely standing next to Alice, who did not need to be detained because of her injuries.

"Should we kill them now?" The male asked him, his voice sounding ancient and melodious.

"I need answers from the lady."

"What answers?" The lady asked. She spoke just as gentle as how she appeared to be if her red eyes and fangs were to be disregarded.

"You ask here while I hold this off." The male said and flicked his hand.

Instantly, wide claws appeared out of the ground and restrained Argus, who flailed wildly to escape its grasp.

But surprisingly, the claws were enough to keep him.

Granger hastily hurried to Alice. "Tell me what you did to Guinevere or I'll kill you and your minion." He threatened, tilting his head to Argus' direction.