The Pain and Misery that came after the Sacrifice

Guinevere came to one of Castle Grandrock's balcony looking for Granger, but she found Lesley instead.

Everyone was tensed right after they had planted the Regenerating Stone that Faramis created into Rafaela's heart and now they were just waiting for her to wake up.

But Guinevere still couldn't get over the fact that Granger gave up his ultimate weapon in the process.

Lesley looked over her shoulder as soon as she heard Guinevere's footsteps, so she drew near her.

She was also feeling sorry for the lady considering that Faramis was now nowhere in sight after he had done his part of the deal.

"Gusion had been looking for you." Guinevere said as she came next to Lesley who was standing right in front of the balustrade.

"Let him." Lesley said coldly.

"Why are you mad only at him? We all made the decision."

Lesley glared at her sharply. "This isn't only about earlier, Lady Guinevere. Do not butt into a situation you only know half the details."

Guinevere scoffed. "Then way to go with your ability to hold grudges."

Lesley stared at her. "Listen, Lady Guinevere, I'd been around Gusion longer than you and he's a great friend. But sometimes he has the tendency to be selfish and rebellious. He does what he wants to do without thinking of anyone. How do you think did he end up being casted away? So don't think he's been favoring your decisions because it came from you. It just so happens that you guys seem to be so attracted to the most dangerous option there is."

Guinevere frowned. She was irritated at what she had just said about her. She wondered if what the lady had said about Gusion were all true. And she felt disappointed at the fact that it actually sounded so Gusion to her.

"So don't take his side all the time." Lesley added.

"Says the childhood friend who followed him all the way to Necrokeep." Guinevere answered as she started walking towards the door.

She did not want to hear any more of a Gusion that seemed to be upsetting to hear. Lesley did not talk back a retort and let her leave the balcony.

She continued taking the hallways up the castle. She was at the top of the west wing  when she started hearing a sound of strings rubbed against each other but wasn't really making any music.

She quickened her pace to follow the sound, and came at the threshold of the balcony where she could see Granger's back ahead.

He was sitting on a bench. He lowered the violin and hung his head low as he released a deep sigh. Then he let the bow fall from his other hand, making it clatter clatter on the floor.

Irritation sparked up inside her and she marched towards his direction. "Granger!"

He lifted his head up and looked at her over his shoulder, his brows furrowed in confusion.

But she came right next to him, grabbed the violin and slammed it down the floor.

"What is wrong with you?!" He blurted out at her sudden violence, his eyes wide.

"No. What is wrong with you?!" She snapped. "You volunteered to give up that melody and now you're sulking like some loser?! No one asked you to give it up, Granger!"

Granger sighed and looked away. "Give it a rest, Guinevere."

"Then stop acting so down."

"I'm not..down."