Miss Violet's 5-Second-Torture

Gusion woke up at the shuffling sounds of footsteps. He opened his eyes and saw the retreating back of Lancelot Baroque heading out the door with Alucard.

He scanned the room for someone else.

Guinevere was standing next to the infirmary bed she occupied. He watched her wore the belt sheath of the sword he gave her, and shrugged on her dark cloak.

He sat up too quickly that he grunted as he felt a pain in his side, making Guinevere turn to his direction.

"You're awake."

"Your brother's here?" He managed to ask despite the pain, which was slowly fading. He carefully got off the bed.

"He's here to bring me home. Mother and Father had agreed to postpone the engagement."

"Oh." He merely said, stopping himself from spouting the words he really wanted to say.

Didn't she just say yesterday that she wanted to protect others? That she hated being treated like a lady who couldn't do anything? Then why was she being so obedient as to going home without any sign of protest?

Gusion didn't say anything else. He studied her face for any sign of bitterness.

Her smile seemed to have not reached her eyes. And were they really not glinting the way they used to before? Or maybe he was just imagining things.

He listened to the clopping of her shoes agaisnt the floor as she headed out of the infirmary, leaving him in a bit of confusion.

He couldn't admit to himself that he quite got used to her presence in the infirmary and forgot that she could go home any time. Unlike him, she really ran away and not casted out of the family.

Maybe it was just for her own good. With demons scattered all over the land, there was no place safer for her than Castle Gorge.

He changed into his tunic, vest and armor, but he did not follow after her to the dining area.

He instead strolled around the Monastery just to let time pass.

A few minutes into wandering, Granger passed down the corridor where he was heading. He disappeared out of his sight for a second before the demon hunter came back to look at him.

"Gusion. What are you doing here?"

"Nothing. Just looking around."

"Oh. Guinevere's leaving. You know that, right?"

He nodded as he walked closer to Granger. "She told me earlier."

Granger scoffed. "It will surely be more peaceful around here without that lady trying to argue with anyone she could."

"Right."

"Well, if you'll excuse me. I got to tell Rafaela. She's been locked up in her room for a while that I doubt she knows about it." Granger headed to the staircases ahead and disappeared out of Gusion's sight.

He, on the other hand, went to the top floor, where there was a wide balcony providing a clear view of the grounds below and through the forest. Ahead was the towering form of the Moniyan Castle, standing proudly in its cream painted walls that gleamed gold against the sunlight.

He wondered what the Princess Silvanna was currently planning, and whether it would be effective enough to even just drive the demons back into the abyss.

Whatever she was planning, Gusion knew he had faced enough demons and got enough injuries from them to make him help fight this war. He was determined to kill as many demons as he could wherever he might meet them.