Just a little GuGu time 😉

"Oh, bold Miss Violet comes to watch my show." Granger jested when he saw Guinevere enter the Music Room.

He had been fiddling with his violin in his favorite cushioned one-seater of the room, right in front of the fire place, which was unlit.

A dim orb light next to the place's threshold was the only source of light in the room, making Guinevere's figure almost just a silhouette in his view.

Mostly no one used the Music Room except for him, and it had been his hiding place whenever the outside world stressed him.

Guinevere threw herself at the seat right across him, releasing a deep breath. "Can you please spare me from your canny remarks, even just for now?"

A smile tugged at the side of his lips as he looked at the lady's stressed expression. "Starting to regret it now?"

She frowned and looked at him. "Regret what?"

Granger leaned his violin at the foot of his seat and leaned back. "You know, agreeing to carry on with your marriage just to join us."

Her furrowed brows went deeper as she shook her head. "No. I don't."

Granger's usual playful expression faded and he stared at Guinevere, realizing the girl's one-track mindedness.

He had been around her enough to figure out that she usually make decisions and barely regret it later. It was fascinating for someone who mostly did decisions and regret it almost all the time.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Guinevere asked.

"Because the way your mind works is fascinating."

"And why would that be?"

Granger shrugged. "Had it been a different lady given with your choice, she wouldn't even consider staying to fight. She would've headed straight home without even a backward glance."

"I'm sure someone would choose what I did." Guinevere doubted.

He sighed and looked sideways, being reminded how logical she could be. "Fine. Let's just say there is. But it's rare." He elaborated. "If I was given that choice, I would've went home straight."

Guinevere's eyes sharpened at Granger and she crossed her arms. "So that's it. Why do you have to include other ladies when it was just actually your choice?"

Granger glared at her. "You're frustratingly opinionated."

"So I was told."

"So if you're not regretting having chosen the less favorable choice, then what is the reason for your anxious shuffling?"

"I do not regret it. But I am afraid..." She admitted, sighing and her voice faltering as she leaned back on her chair and looked at the unlit fireplace, finding similarity at its darkness with her future."...afraid of arriving in that part of the future."

"Lady Guinevere, you know you could still go back now and take the deal back? And negotiate with them that you'll stay home in exchange of them canceling, not postponing but canceling, the betrothal."

Guinevere shook her head. "I need to be in this, Granger. That is not an option."

"You're incredible." He blurted out before he could even process his thought.

"That is so out of the blue."

"But really, what are you thinking? Why would you give up your chance of freedom just to stay here?"

Guinevere stared at Granger's eyes. They were brown, black in the darkness, but sometimes, when lights hit them, they turn into a shade of crimson. A rare sight for someone who seemed to be so good; mischievous personality aside.