Lancelot, the Fool in Love

"We have to go." Gusion told her the next morning after he shook her awake. "Demons are weak during the day."

Guinevere sat up and looked around. Sunlight were streaming down the spaces of the trees' leaves, making the river sparkle in their ripples.

Cecilion and Carmilla were under the shade of the big oak tree, holding each other close.

"What about them?" Guinevere asked.

Gusion stared at the couple, who looked like nothing was bothering them. "They're living better than us. They'll be fine."

Guinevere got to her feet and headed to the couple, who let go of each other to face her.

"Thank you for keeping watch through the night."

"Don't mention it. It is nothing compared to the help we got from the Lord Gusion when we were all out of hope." Cecilion answered

"Go now, Lady Guinevere. Seek your brother and go back to Castle Gorge where it's safe." Carmilla told her. "The Land isn't safe to wander anymore."

"So demons are really scattered everywhere?" Gusion asked.

"Yes. Unlike the weak ones the Land of Dawn normally had, these kinds are more vicious and harder to kill. The Prince of the Abyss is preparing his attack."

"It is happening soon. It is better for you guys," Carmilla looked from Gusion to Guinevere, "to be home when it happens."

"It's the perfect time for this lad to prove his worth." Guinevere said, looking at Gusion, knowing he was ready fighting demons along the streets to test if he was good.

"We shall take our leave." Gusion said dismissively.

Cecilion nodded and reached out his hand to a certain direction. "You must go east. It is where Azure Lake is located. It has the bluest of water in the land. Swan castle stands proudly over it."

Gusion nodded. "Thank you."

"I shall see you again, Lady Guinevere...somehow." Carmilla said as she did a small curtsy.

"In better times, Lady Carmilla. Until then, keep yourselves safe."

Guinevere and Gusion headed out into the forest again.

"Do you think they will be alright?" Guinevere asked as they walked just to satisfy her curiosity and distract herself from the rumbling of her stomach.

"They're blood demons. You should worry about us."

There was a moment of pause from Gusion before answering again. "They're stronger together than you think they are."

Guinevere looked at him curiously. "How can you say so?"

He looked like he was gonna dismiss the subject, but reconsidered anyway. "When I was just about to pass by those guards trying to capture them both, Cecilion was already weak from fighting, especially that he was holding Carmilla safe in his arms.

The Lady Carmilla awoke by then and saw her man weak and losing consciousness. Upon doing so, she was able to create a force field so strong that she knocked out all of the guards. To think that she was able to do that out of love for Cecilion..."

Guinevere found herself listening intently to Gusion, amazed and confused of the Blood Demons' love that was becoming astonishing and complex the more she heard about it.

"So I think you need not worry about those two." Gusion added.

"Then how did you help them that night?"