Hashing Out Plans

CHAPTER ELEVEN

NATHANIEL.

I stood by the door, contemplating if I should proceed with my plans, getting my pound of flesh from Caroline.
Am I suddenly developing cold feet? I can't believe myself;
I have waited a long time for this day, and now, here at the door of her office, I doubt if I want to go ahead with my plans. I must be out of my mind.
I looked up and saw her smiling at me, and I knew I must get my pound of flesh. I smiled and walked in boldly.
"Hello," I greeted, walking towards her. She had lost a lot of weight.
She looked far worse than the pictures she posted on her Facebook wall.
I almost wanted to pity her and let her off my hook. Life itself had done a number on her, but I couldn't. Words came back to me, a constant reminder of what I needed to do.
I checked her face to see if she recognised me and saw that she didn't, so I relaxed.
"You are welcome. How may I help you?" She asked quickly.
I looked around briefly, taking in my surroundings, but then looked back into her eyes. They were still the perfect shade of light brown, the most beautiful part of her body, the part that had always called out to me.
"By giving me you." I purred. She looked surprised.
That was uncalled for, and I know it, but I had to let her know I was interested in her, or how would I just ask her out and expect her to accept?
"I was just joking, but I got you, meaning you are open to a date," I said, smiling at her.
"As much as I and most women will love to, I know someone brought you here, so how will you love to dazzle the very special one," She said. I frowned and looked away.
She is proving more difficult than I had expected.
I looked expensive enough, and I knew her type. They jumped at anything expensive, even if the men were married or looked old enough to be their grandfather.
I am bitter, I know.
She picked her friends over me while we were in school and ruined me back then.
Now, she is acting all prudent around me. And that sulks.
"So what would you like?" she asked to bring me out of my thoughts as she handed her catalogue to me; I took it from her without saying anything and went from page one to the end.
It is so cheap. How do I get to throw money out with these prices?
'I have to look for a way to show I have more money to spend on her.' I thought to myself. I looked up and handed the book back to her.
"You see, I am not used to buying flowers. I take my dates out and spend, but this person is not my date, so buying flowers should do the trick. Someone recommended your shop to me so I came.
You see, my darling, I am at a loss here as I do not know what flower to give. These flowers here are all romantic. I don't want her to have any idea." I said, caressing her with my eyes.
This lie comes too effortlessly now. I must be getting more desperate to win. I just pray Caro did not see through these lies.
"Let me ask, why do you want to give her a flower?" she asked, her eyes questioning.
I had not expected that question, so I quickly searched my brain for a ready-made answer for her.
"She has been a very supportive P.A., and it is her birthday," I answered almost too quickly. I am beginning to see I am good at this, lying again effortlessly. I hope I do not rat myself out.
"Ok then, I can work with that. What is your budget?" She asked. I let out the breath I was holding, pulse for some minute, and then said, pretending to be unsure of myself.
"Will half a million be okay? if not, I can add more." Her jaw dropped, and I got her right where I wanted her, dazzled. It took her some seconds to regain her composure, and I clucked.
She looked at me differently now. I can bet there is more respect in her eyes, which is good.
"Sorry sir, do you want me also to plan a birthday party for her?" she asked.
"Oh, no, just flowers, is it too much? What will you advise?" I asked with a smile, pretending to be indecisive again. It works better on her.
"Ok," she said, pointing out a birthday arrangement that looked awful and pointed to the price; I laughed like I was just seeing the price for the first time.
"This is ridiculously cheap. I will pay for it." I said, "Let me take a look at that again." She handed over the catalogue. I looked for the most expensive flower in the catalogue and pointed at it, then I said,
"Can I have this flower as well?" I handed the book back to her. Studying her expression, this is where I pass or fail and try again because I am not giving up.
"Really, for one who wants his PA not getting any ideas, this is way too suggestive," she said, laughing sheepishly.
Believe me, that sound did something down there.
All of a sudden, I wanted nothing more than to eat her out and suck her until she released her juice in my mouth.
Easy man, I told myself.
She turned to remove her pencil from her ear and marked the book, handing the catalogue to the florist, who I just noticed was standing too close for comfort, hearing every word.
I used the opportunity to look away and focus my attention on one ugly flower.
"The two marked," she said to the florist who collected the book and left us.
She turned back to me, looking a bit off. I studied her face. I wanted to know if she was into me, so I said.
"I know the flower is suggestive. That is the reason I ordered it." Did she look away, trying hard to hide her disappointment?
"Okay, sir," she said, injecting officials into her voice. "I.... the florist has started on both immediately."
She turned, and I gripped her hand to hinder her movement. I practically felt an electric current shot from that spot to my already bulging boner.
Thank God for tight pants.
I wanted to drop my hand as quickly as I could, but I couldn't, so I held on, praying my boner wouldn't become too obvious.
"You did not ask who it is for," I said, releasing her hand. She looked at me while I held her gaze as her eyes did the flirtatious dance. I became completely drawn into it.
"They are for you," I said.
At first, she stared at me blankly, looked away, shook her head, and then looked back at me with questioning eyes. I repeated myself.
"Why, sir, I can't possibly accept it, sir," she said modestly, and I smiled. She wanted me to press further and that she would get it.
"Not sir, please call me Nat."
"Nat," she said. "I can't just let you spend on me."
"Why not?" I asked. "This is for having patience with me and for helping me out." I tried sweetening her up
"I cannot accept it. It is too romantic. I am not immune to the connotations." She said, laughing sheepishly, and I smiled.
"The flowers are for you to be my date," I watched her expression light up. I got her, and I celebrated inwardly.
"Be your date? You do not even know my name? We are practically strangers."
"Not if you tell me now," I flirt with her.
"Caroline." She said simply
"Caroline, will you be my date tomorrow evening, please?" I dare you to say no, I thought to myself.
"I don't know, maybe let me think about it and get back to you later," she said, looking very unsure.
I don't know why I got angry, but I hid it.
Her modesty was unpleasantly rubbing on me.
"Why? Do you need to consult with anyone to accept the date? I am sorry if I overstepped my boundaries." I said, taking a few steps back. I felt a cold mask slip into my face, closing me off to her as I struggled with my anger.
I lost this round because she wasn't ready.
"No, no, I do not need to consult with anyone. Okay, I will be your date." I felt a rush of relief sweep over me, and I released my breath I did not know I was holding.
"Thanks," I allowed a smile to take over my face. Once again, I was back on track.
"Give me a minute," she said, turning away.
"Let me give one order to the florist." She left me and walked to the florist.
I took the time to study my environment once more.
I ran over how losing her job had dealt a very 'hard one' on her, in my mind and wondered why She was earning very much a few months ago. Is she dying, treating a terminal disease that is eating up her finances? How can I help?
"Nat, would you like to sit at my desk?" she asked, cutting into my thoughts.
I turned to see she was standing so close to me I could breathe in her fragrant
"I could show you to the waiting room. Or better still, have it delivered to your office if you have no time to wait."
Have it delivered to my office? No way. I am not through with looking or talking to her yet, and I want to be sure there will be no changing of mind on her side.
"I would love to sit at your desk.

Hi dear another update I had a lot of fun writing this one too

Hope you enjoyed it like I did too

I know this update is so short

so sorry about it

I promise the update will be

Thanks so much for reading

I love you all thanks for voting too

I need more of your comment

Have a wonderful week

Please Vote