Gut Feelings

Pls can. You take out little of your time and Please follow me at

@Shadekehinde

It makes me loved

Chapter Four

CAROLINE

I walked into the flower shop, it's been Raining all day, and I was practically wet. The weather does not look nice at all. It's still all cloudy, and the florist is late again.

Looking around, I shrugged. God knows I had this gut feeling that something would go down today, but I can't seem to put a finger on it. 

I placed my bag on my desk and walked straight into the changing room, changing out of my wet clothes. 

Thank God I always keep spares in here, just in case I get too dirty or something. 

I released my hair from the shower cap and headed for the cold room.

Inside the cold room, I shivered because I was cold 

I checked the flowers as quickly as I could. I noted they were all in good condition. 

The A/C is working well. I walk out of the cold room

Just as I walked back into the showroom, the florist rushed in.

"I am so sorry I am late.” There was terrible traffic on my way here." She said, and I just nodded. 

I am tired of all her excuses. They range from traffic to headaches to mother being sick and brother refusing to help with T fare, if you know what I mean, I am just tired.

She makes this excuse, forgetting that we both ply the same route. 

I can't place why she refuses to comply with a simple instruction of being here before I come to arrange the flowers, cut the dying edges and get them ready for delivery.

I am to inspect her job when she is through, Pushing both to save delivery if I must.

Anyway, once the MD of the flower shop returns from her trip abroad, things around the shop will change. 

She will have to adjust to the normal working conditions.

"Regina, can I talk to you about something?" I asked seriously, and her facial expression became serious.

"Yes, ma." She said

"What happened to the cold room yesterday? Why was Mr Ambrose's flower arrangement practically dead at nine A.M when it was delivered?”

She looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language 

"I told you to produce the flower at seven in the morning for fresh-looking flower delivery; what happened?"

"I did in the evening before to avoid the morning rush, then put it in the cold room," she answered.

"Did you close the cold room door?" I asked frantically

"I did," she answered, a little physically shaking. I knew she was lying. Yesterday, the guard mentioned that he had seen the door of the cold room open when he came in.

"You did, then why were the flowers dead? Mr Ambrose’s secretary returned the flowers at five yesterday. Do you know that?" I asked angrily, my voice dangerously low, but she could hear me.

"I do not know," she said, covering her mouth with her hand.

" I had to sell it to a customer and probably lose that customer forever," I said.