NATHANIEL MADE

CHAPTER THREE

NATHANIEL

I walked into my office building, and everyone who wasn't at their duty post rushed back into it.

A look of terror crept on all of their faces. I wondered why I had such an effect on them. 

I came in through the back door this morning, catching everyone unaware.

My driver had a course to absent himself from work today but had no ball to call until the last minute to excuse himself. 

I had to drive myself to work and pack the car in the garage, which led to coming in from the back instead of being dropped off at the front of the building. 

I ignored my workers and walked straight to the elevator, thinking of one million ways to punish my driver. 

In my office, I walked to my desk, which is all leather and sat down.

I looked around me. Everything in my office screamed money, from the furniture to the all-glassed penthouse walls. 

I had inherited this business from my dad. At that time, we had only four luxurious buses, which ran from the west side of the country into the east. 

I had built the business beyond my expectations.

I can proudly say, taken stock yesterday, I own five hundred long buses, running through all the states of our federation, transporting goods and passengers. 

I am also into all forms of transportation; when a friend suggested air transport, I bought the idea Immediately, checking my resources. I had enough money to invest, so I did. Now I have my airline.  

At one point, I was given some goods too large for buses, and I had to move them by train. The train corporation had a slow delivery system. I was worried I would not disappoint my client, but luckily, the Federal Government chose that period to embark on debunking the railway.  I quickly bought into the idea. Now, I’m one of the private investors. I also have a shipping line. 

I, later on, ventured into hotels as most of my passengers needed a place to spend the night when they arrived late.

That led to having all the hotels, supermarkets, and malls I have in the big cities. 

The building that housed my office was wood. A bungalow shark that looked so horrible from the outside and a bit presentable on the inside when I took over. 

All that has changed, as this building is the tallest in the area with twenty-seven floors.

I also have seven buildings like this in this state to make navigating easier. 

I, Phillip Nathaniel, can confidently say that I am super-rich, but then I have an obsession.

I stared at it every morning, and to subdue this obsession, I threw myself into work, which yielded all this great success. 

Caroline is my obsession. She became one the day she disgraced me openly. 

I have one of her pictures on my desk, staring at it with hatred and passion. 

I look forward to the day I will take my revenge.

I had not moved in on her and closed this deal all this time because I needed the passion as a driving force. 

One could ask why I hold on to a woman's talk, one I am sure no one remembered but me, but I know I couldn't just laugh over her statement. 

Something inside me snapped that day, driving me to want to make all the money I could ever make.