Chapter 19

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

Naomi tossed and turned that night, crying and desperately hoping for sleep to come. She didn't understand when and how everything started going so wrong between her and Eric. Was it my fault? She continuously asked herself. He's no different. I should've known better. She constantly turned her head to the clock that was sitting on the counter next to the bed, wishing time would speed up. She didn't want to be here, at all. She even thought about calling her grandma but she knew with the time difference that she would most likely be asleep and she didn't want to wake her. Suddenly, Naomi heard a loud boom that came from outside the room. She immediately sat up on the bed and looked at the shadows that moved back and forth from under the tiny opening at the bottom of the hotel door. "Tina?" She whispered. "Are you awake?" There was no response. The loud boom disturbed her once more, making her jump out the bed and onto the one Tina was sleeping on. "Tina, wake up." She shook her until she finally opened her eyes. Tina quickly sat up, startled at the sudden urgency in Naomi's voice. "What Naomi? What's wrong?" She questioned, obviously annoyed. "There's people in the hallway." Naomi answered, earning a dragging sigh from Tina. "Yeah, Naomi it's a hotel. There's people everywhere." Naomi sucked her teeth, "No Tina. Some shits going down." Tina wasn't having it, she immediately laid back down and pulled the covers up to her head. "Go check what it is then." Sighing, Naomi slowly stood up and made her way to the door occasionally turning to look at Tina, who already had her eyes closed. Naomi wished she would've gotten up to at least check what it was with her, after all, Tina was always the brave one. Taking a deep breath she finally worked up her nerves to slowly pull the door open. Not all the way but just enough so she can see what was going on. Her eyes landed on a few police officers who were down the hallway coming in and out of the room the guys where staying in. She immediately started to panic and wonder what was going on. Naomi knew that the run ins the guys have had in the past with law enforcement was never good so she had to know what was going on. "Tina. Tina." She repeatedly called for her 'friend' once more as she frantically changed into something more appropriate. "Dammit Naomi what?!" Tina sat up. "There's cops everywhere, they're inside the guys room." She answered. "Okay so what?" For a moment, Naomi stared at her in disbelief but not all to surprised as she recalled the times Tina has been a complete bitch when it came to Eric or the rest of the guys. "They probably did some stupid shit like they always do." She snickered at Tinas words before rolling her eyes. Naomi has finally had enough of her attitude. "Tina why are you such a bitch?" She finally let those words slip from the tip of her tongue. Naomi never understood what her problem was and why she was acting so different. She was never like this. "I don't know, maybe I was just born a bitch." Tina responded as she finally sat up on the bed. "No, seriously? What is your problem? If you hate them so much, why offer to come with me? Why get me the tickets?" Folding her arms over her chest, Naomi waited impatiently for Tina's reply. "Do you really think I wanted to come here?" Tina murmured, her voice breaking at the end. "I hate you, Naomi. I hate everything about you. You think that you're perfect but you're not!" Naomi was confused and taken back by that, "Really Tina? I don't think I'm perfect, I'm so far from that." "Thats not what everyone else thinks. You've always been better. You've always looked better and have everything that you want! You have a boyfriend! Everyone likes or wants you! Everyone always talks about you. Naomi this, Naomi that. Even Suge likes you more than he does me!" Shaking her head, Naomi leaned against the wall, feeling nauseous. She was also speechless. How long has her 'best friend' felt like this about her? "I don't have everything that I want Tina. And whatever I do have, I worked my ass off for. My life is the complete opposite from perfect. I envy you actually, because you have what I don't and can't ever have. We just don't have the same values." Naomi took a deep breath before continuing, "I don't have my mom, nor my dad, you do. I just...I just got cheated on." It hurt Naomi to speak those words. "I most likely don't have a job now. And if you really feel those things about me then I just lost my best fuckin' friend. But I'm no coward Tina. I grow from everything that happens to me, unlike you." Tina had no response to that. Naomi started gathering her bags before stopping one more time to look at her. "I don't want you trying to contact me or going over my house again, you're the least of my worries right now Tina." Those were the last words Naomi said to her before walking out of the room. She heard Tina calling out to her but she completely disregarded it, finally coming to terms that Tina isn't and was never going to be the same. After closing the door behind her, Naomi hesitantly walked towards two officers that stood outside of the room they were investigating. "Ma'am, please go back to your room." One of them quickly turned to her once he noticed her presence approaching them. "I'm sorry, may I know what's going on?" She insisted. "Ma'am we're obligated not to disclose any information." "I'm sorry but I know the people that are staying here. I'd like to know what is happening." The two officers immediately looked at each other before they starting walking to her. "Alright ma'am, put your hands up and turn around. Face the wall." One of the officers grabbed her arm and gently pressed her up against the wall, eventually pulling her arms back to place cuffs on her wrists. "Wait, what? What is going on?" Naomi was confused as to why she was in this situation...again. "Why am I being arrested?" "Do you have any drugs or weapons on you?" He disregarded her question. "No." She quickly answered, rolling her eyes. "What is your name?" The officer asked. "Naomi." "Alright Naomi, we're going to take you down to the station, have you booked, processed and we're just going to ask you a few questions." "But why? I didn't do anything wrong." Her breathing got heavier as she started to panic at the thought of being placed in jail. She felt nauseous again, like she needed to hurl whatever little contents she had in her stomach. "What were you doing here tonight? Did the gentlemen staying in this room solicit anything from you tonight?" Naomi scowled in frustration. She knew exactly what they were insinuating. "No they didn't! I'm not even from here. I'm-I was dating Eric-one of the guys staying in this room. I wasn't doing anything bad, I don't even know what's going on right now." "Alright ma'am, just calm down for me okay? We're going to settle this down at the station like I said." Naomi closed her eyes and firmly pressed her forehead against the wall. She no longer had the energy to keep talking. She was emotionally drained and heartbroken all at once. She didn't want to fight, so she passively let the officers guide her out of the building and into the cop car. She was angry with herself, with the whole world and she also couldn't believe that she continued to allow herself to get into these situations and for what? For friends? For love? For something that no longer existed.