Chapter 4

(Few days later.)

Naomi's P.O.V.

I walked around the store where I worked as I skimmed through the racks full of clothing, making sure everything was in its rightful place. I let out a soft groan when I heard the tiny bell on the door ring, signaling that someone had entered the store.
Glancing over to the front, I saw the same usual white lady that comes in every week or so to always give me shit. I took a deep breath before I spoke, smiling, "Hello. Can I help you with anything?"
"I just walked in." She blurted.
Yeah. I saw that, bitch.
"Just let me know if you need help with anything." I half smiled and walked behind the register. I stood there a few seconds and started zoning out but I was immediately brought back to reality when my irritating boss came in from the back of store.
"Naomi." He called.
I looked up at him blankly, waiting for some dumb shit to spill from his mouth.
"I need you to get inventory done today, I don't know why you're just standing there."
I mentally rolled my eyes before I answered him, "I finished inventory earlier today." I declaimed.
"Well then, do something." He looked around the store and stopped to glare at someone who was outside. I looked over to see who it was. Fuck.
It was a homeless man sitting in front of the store.
I knew what was coming.
My boss pointed to him, "That's why it's so damn slow today. Handle it."
"He's just sitting."
"It brings a bad image to the store. This isn't a fuckin' liquor store they could hang out by. Now go." He stated. He's such a prick. I walked to the front and opened the door, walking over to the homeless man. I hated this more than anything. I felt so bad telling them to go away, so I tried doing it as nicely as I could.
"Hello, sir." I smiled.
"Hi..." He shyly mumbled, surprised that I was talking to him I guess.
"How are you today?"
"As long as I'm alive, I'm great." He said.
I nodded, "I couldn't agree more.. You must be really hungry." I stopped and rummaged through my pockets of my tight black jeans.
"I really am."
I pulled out a ten dollar bill and handed it to him, "Here. It's not much. But you can get something with it at least."
"Oh thank you. I will. God bless you." He said, grabbing the money before he got up and started to stroll across the street.
I smiled and walked back inside, glancing at my boss. He shook his head at me before walking away to do God knows what. I hated him some times...
Okay. Well most times. I could never understand how someone could be so arrogant. A few moments went by before I heard the door bell again.
I turned to the door and to my surprise, saw Eric and Ren walking in. I straighten myself up from leaning against the counter before quickly walking up to them.
"Hey..you guys, what are you doing here?" I asked as I searched for my boss.
"Wassup." Ren greeted.
"We were just passion' by...what y'all got up in this bitch?" Eric spoke.
"Well it's mainly girl clothing. So I don't think you'd like anything in here." I mentioned.
Ren sucked his teeth, "This nigga lyin'. You know damn well you came in here to see Naomi."
"Shut yo bitch ass up." Eric smiled and pushed him away. "Get outta here."
Ren laughed, before walking away, "I'll be in the car. Later Naomi."
Eric turned to me licking his lips and staring me up and down, "There's one thing in here that I like though."
I laughed, turning red. "You're so corny."
"But you like it."
I smiled and shook my head, "You're gonna get me fired. Why are you really here?"
He grinned, "There's a party going down at my place. Dre's gonna DJ. It's gonna be dope. I want you to come..."
I nodded, smiling.
"And I wanted to see you." He said.
I laughed, "Is O'shea going?"
"I'm sure-"
"Hello. Excuse me? I need some help over here." The white lady called to me.
I looked at E, "Sorry. I'll be back."
I was walking towards her but was stopped by my idiot boss.
"I got this. Who's the thug up front?" He asked eyeing Eric.
"He's my friend."
"Keep a close eye on him. They can't be trusted." He warned.
"He's not gonna do anything. Again... he's my friend." I murmured.
"Okay, well this isn't socializing hour either. Get rid of him. If they ain't buying they can get to flying." He commanded.
I nodded and rolled my eyes as soon as I turned around to walk back where Eric was waiting.
I seriously don't know how much patience I have left to be dealing with my boss.
"So, you coming tonight or what?" He grinned.
"Yeah. I'll be there E."
"Cool." He said, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer to him.
He leaned down a pecked my lips before pulling away.
I smiled, "Alright...You need to go before you get me fired."
"Aight, damn. I'll catch you later." He grinned as he walked out.
I stood there, watching him until he got in his car and finally drove away. I smiled to myself and bit my lip. 
"Earth to Naomi." My boss appeared from behind, startling me. "You got someone at the check out line." He rolled his eyes and walked away.
I groaned and walked behind the register.
I seriously couldn't wait for tonight.