Chapter 11

(Naomi's P.O.V)

The light beamed harshly into my teary eyes as I sluggishly opened them. They moved around the room slowly inspecting my surroundings causing a wave of panic to sweep over me once I realized where I was. I let out an agonizing yelp when I impulsively attempted to jerk my body up.
"Naomi?" I turned towards the voice that called out my name, realizing it was Eric. His eyes were heavy and his voice was...soft and filled with concern as he jumped up from the small chair I had failed to notice in the corner of the room and rushed to my side.
"Er-ic." His name was the only thing my dry throat allowed my mouth to stutter as I tried to reach up to touch him.
"Shhh. It's alright, don't move. I'm right here." He assured grabbing onto my hand. "Let me call someone, aight?"
My eyes lazily followed him as he quickly ran out the door, calling out for someone. It was no more than a few seconds when I finally saw him return but this time with a nurse following closely behind him.
"Ms. Williams!" She spoke in awe. "I'm so glad you made it back to us!"
"Y-eah." I let out a low and raspy murmur.
She smiled and stayed deep in thought for a moment as she jotted a few things down on her notepad. I looked up at Eric, who was standing in the corner of the room looking sympathetic but at the same time very stern and uneasy as he gazed back at me.
"How's everything lookin'?" He finally spoke, breaking the dreadful silence in the room.
"Her vitals are actually very good. I know she's feeling extreme pain so I'm going to get another round of medication in as soon as possible but besides that, the rest is all down hill from here." She paused for a moment before turning around and heading towards the door. "The doctor will be in shortly to check on her and answer any questions that you might have."
"Cool, thanks." He uttered and waited for her to leave the room before walking back and sitting on the edge of the hospital bed. I slightly turned my head to study him. There was an unreadable expression on his face. His eyes were slightly red and the bags under his eyes were more evident now that he was closer to me.
"You want water?" He questioned randomly grabbing a water bottle that was on top of the counter.
"Ye-ah, please." I struggled, swallowing the lump in my throat that I felt since I woke up.
He held the water bottle to my lips and slightly tilted it back so I can take a few gulps but I near damned finished the whole thing.
For a moment, there was a long, awkward silence that lingered in the room. I had so many questions that I wanted to ask him but if I did, I knew everything would come down falling on me all at once. I couldn't help but feel like I'm the one at fault for everything that's happened and that he thought so too.
"How long has it been?" I whispered.
He looked over at me and clenched his jaw before answering, "A few days."
"E...my grandma." I soon realized. "I need to get out. Does she know? She's by herself."
A wave of panic took over me and I tried to sit up again but the pain only pulled me back down.
"Fuck." I groaned.
"Yo' grandma is good. I handled it. Calm down." He assured. "I told her I surprised you with a last minute trip with your friends and that you had bad service."
"And she believed you?"
A small smile formed on his lips, "Yeah, sadly. She was actually glad."
"She hates me that much." I joked.
He shook his head but stayed silent after that.
"How are the guys? Are they okay?"
"They're aight." He uttered.
"Are you...okay?" I asked him.
"Nah." He paused for a few seconds before continuing, "I ain't."
I took a deep breath before looking at him again, "I'm sorry E. You should've been touring right now."
"I'm not worried about the fuckin' tour." He cut me off, slightly raising his voice. There was a long pause between us before he continued, "That's the last thing I'm worried about Naomi. I'm worried about this." He motioned towards me. "About the problems you get yourself into. Like that motherfucker at the club, you know him right?" Here we go. I immediately tensed up and leaned back into the bed, wishing I could sink and disappear into it. Does he know that I know him and he's just testing me?
"No?" I hesitatingly mumbled which made it sound more like a question than an answer. Eric turned to look at me, confused about my response.
"I mean yeah." I stopped and thought about the next thing that should come out of my mouth. "I don't know him. I've seen him around."
"Where?" He questioned.
"At a party... you threw at your place."
He just nodded. That's it?
"Why?" I asked him.
He shook his head and let out a loud sigh, running his hand down his face, "He hangs out with Suge Knight." He stopped and looked into my eyes.
"Oh." That was all I could say to him.
"Is it a coincidence that you've been askin' about Suge? Jerry said he saw you talkin' with him Naomi."
I rolled my eyes, growing a bit annoyed that he was even in my business, "Jerry doesn't know shit-"
"That's bullshit!" He grew angry, making me flinch at the tone of his voice. "This shit needs to stop."
I opened my mouth to say something but nothing that I had planned in my head to say to him came out.
"Jerry was right about you stayin' away and you should of listened. You still tryna find you're friend? Well forget about her. She either one of his many hoes he got working the streets or dead..." He went on and on.
I'm not going to lie. It hurt. It really did. But who am I kidding? He was  probably right but I didn't care at this moment. I didn't expect him to be so cold about it especially knowing that Tina was like a sister to me. I immediately looked away from Eric and I guess he noticed the tears that brimmed my eyes because he immediately stopped.
"I didn't mean that shit Naomi." He murmured.
I shook my head, "I'm done talking about this."
Before either of us could continue, we were interrupted by a knock at the door followed by an older white man entering the room, who I'm guessing is the doctor.
"How are you feeling Ms. Williams?" He questioned as he approached me causing Eric to step back out of the way and walk towards the back of the room.
"I'm good. I feel good." I lied. My entire body aches and I felt weak but I needed to get out of here as soon as possible. Suge was doing the absolute most to torment my life and if I'm trapped in here then he could easily go after what I loved the most in this world.
"When can I go home?" I continued.
He sighed as he looked down to study me before returning his gaze back to his clip board.
"It won't be for a couple more days."
"No. I can't be here for a couple more days, I need to get out now, like today or tomorrow if possible." I told him, growing annoyed.
"Ms. Williams, listen to me. You do realize how lucky you are right? To be with us right now." He paused and looked into my eyes. "The bullet was centimeters away from puncturing any vital organs. You had a significant amount of blood loss. Please, give it time. You have to get better first."
"But-" I started but I was immediately cut off by Eric.
"She understands." He spoke.
The doctor looked back and forth between before hesitantly nodding. He walked towards the door but turned to me one last time.
"I will try to get you out of here as soon as possible Ms. Williams." He affirmed and walked out the door, leaving Eric and I alone again.
"You don't have to speak for me." I chided Eric.
"And you don't have to be so fuckin' stubborn all the time." He retorted in annoyance as he leaned against the wall across from me.
"And you don't have to be with me, you don't have to be here." I paused, tears running down my face. "Just leave me alone."
He looked down at the floor and stayed quiet again, running his hand down his face, clearly frustrated.
"I'm not going anywhere right now." He finally assured before sitting back down on the chair. "If you still want me gone when you get out of here then I'll leave."
I immediately frowned and turned my head away from him once my tears started to get out of control at the thought of us breaking up. I didn't mean what I said. I didn't even know what to respond back to that. I just wanted and needed this conversation to be over.