seeing old friends hurts

Steven pov

When i wake up the next morning I feel a lot better, steel a bit in pain but other then that I feel great. As my dad walks in.

"Hey son how you feeling?"

"Huh much better then yesterday."

"Will get dressed and let's get out of here." as I get dressed and we head out its been mouths since i last been to the temple and in truth im not really comterble about it. What if the gems do something that will anger me? what if the diamonds come? what if what happened yesterday with pearl happens?

As im interrupted from my thoughts by dad.

"Steven you okay?"

"Yeah dad just... Thanking about things."

"If you want we can talk about it."

"Its okay dad im fine really."

"Okay." he says worried.

As we arrived I look to see the gems bismuth peridot and lapis all outside with bismuth grilling.

"Steven!" They all run to me when I get out of dad's van.

"Um hey guys" I say

"So how dose of feel to be back bro?" Amythest ask

"Uhh great..." I say puting on a fake smile they all seem convened all but lapis for some reason, as i seat down and eat some.

Lapis pov

I can't help but thank there's something wrong with steven...im worried about him I steel have not forgotten what he said yesterday about pearl, the way he said it was just so cold even for me, it was like for a brief moment he was under some kind of spell or something... As I look to see peridot come over.

"It sure is great to see steven again isn't it?"

"Huh? Yeah it is." i say looking at him steel worried

"Hey lapis this could be your chance to tell him how you feel about him!"

"Wha...What?" I say blushing

"Go talk to him!" She says smileing

"O...okay" I say walking twords steven.

Steven pov

I got to say it's not to bad being back here but the pain in ny head is really bad at the moment. As pearl comes over.

"Hey steven the diamonds called and said there comeing to see you."

At that moment the pain grows worse to the point where I was about to cry and my mind was telling me one thing.

Shatter the Diamonds for what they have done!

"Will! Time to go" as I set up and walk away only to walk right into lapis and fall right on top of her...

"Uh...hi" I say embarrassed.

"Hey..." She says blushing madly.

"Uh I'm sorry lapis., as I help her up why is she blushing so badly dose she... I knew it! Lapis loves me... And i thank i love her but...no I can't I'm with connie as I begin to leave.

"Steven where are you going?" Lapis ask

"Just for a walk..." As i leave the temple and head into town.

In town

Steven pov

While walking I begen to thank about Connie why did she stop calling? And why did she not come see me at the hospital?... As I look ahead to see none other then Connie her self.

"What's she doing here?" She's supposed to be in college?

As I look to see connie talking with someone then they kiss!!?

"Connie has been cheating on me...this whole time" I then look closer to see none other then Jeff!

As I hide behind the wall. At this moment my mind is telling me to hunt them both down and kill them for what they have done!, as i repeat what I said to pearl

"Traitors... Destroy them..." As I summon my shiled and come out only to see them gone.

"Huh?" Uh as I rub my head again as I look to see I have my shiled out.

Why did I summon my shiled? As I then realize what happened I almost lost my self... As tears begen to fall as I run back to the temple.

Lapis pov

I warp back to the temple to look out side to see steven hugging his legs on the beach. Oh no he's upset I should leave him alone... But i want to make sure he is okay. As i walk outside.

"Um hey steven."

"Hey..." He says as I set down next to him

"Um...something on your mind?"

"Connie is cheating on me..."

"What!?"

"Yeah huh... It's just so funny." he says now crying.

"I don't even know what happyniss is anymore all I know is pain and sadness..."

"Will... i knew no other way for a long time..." As he looks at me. "That is intell I met you." I say blushing "you you always know how to make me smile," "you always inspired me and..." As I put my hand on his, you who're always there for me, "I want to be here for you Steven." I say to him blushing

Steven pov

I... Don't know what to say. I thank blushing from what lapis said.

As lapis leans her head on my shoulder

"I'll never leave you Steven." She says to me sweetly makeing my face feel hot.

I smile at her, thanks lapis it means a lot, "hey lets hang out tommrow I...i mean if you'd like to?"

She smiles, "i'd love that." As we stay like this for a while.