Homecoming, no not spiderman.

Raven's POV

I pushed Charles into our house, neither of us smiling.

I didn't want to give away the surprise. Slightly glad that he couldn't read my mind because of his pain medication.

"How are you feeling Charles?"

"Tired, very tired." I ruffled his hair, which earned me a laugh. Good it's the first I've heard for a while.

After a week of him being in a hospital he finally got to come home. And mother and step father still haven't come home. I hate them.

"Well you can sleep soon, I promise." I couldn't see his response. But I knew he was upset.

We finally got to the entry room, putting my purse down I sent a quick text to the others.

Finally we went through the doorway, and into the kitchen.

"SURPRISE! WELCOME HOME!" All of our friends screamed.

"Thank guys,"Charles said after muttering fifteen curse words because they scared him.

"Welcome Back Charles". Erik came  over and threw his arms around him. Those two were the cutest non boyfriends, boyfriends ever.

"Hello old friend," the hugged longer than what was probably appropriate but no one cared. The others came and talked to him for a bit, Erik never once leaving his side.
~~
I felt arms curl around me, as I sipped on a glass of water. I know boring, but I needed it.

"Hi baby," Hank whispered in my ear, I giggled and turned towards him.

"Hello," I kissed him softly.

"I'm glad to see you both, it's been too long" Hank was being dramatic.

"It's been a week,"

"A very long week"

"That's for damn sure. I swear hospital time is a lot longer than regular time."

"Cheers to that," he looked over at where Charles and Erik were sitting. Charles still looked tired but happier now that he was with Erik. Erik was using his mutation to move the wheelchair, thus making Charles laugh at him to stop. "He doing okay?"

"Not really, at the moment yes. But it's going to be rough."

"Well we will be here to help. Mom said I can stay the night to help him out since your folks aren't home"

"Thanks Hank, what would I do without you?"

"Crash and burn" we kissed again. God, I love him.
~~

Erik's POV
I noticed him growing more tired after an hour of the party.

It took me nearly another hour to convince him to go up to bed, he didn't want to be rude.

"Fuck them if they think it's rude. You need sleep Charles."

"Okay," he spoke so softly and then yawned.

I took him upstairs, I used my gift to lift him up. We said nothing as we went up. I asked my mama to stay the night. She said that was perfectly fine and she understood he needed me.

Hank told us he would be up in a minute to help too.
We got to his room and he sighed loudly.

"Home sweet home." He muttered.

"Home sweet home" I agreed with him.

With much protest on his part, I helped him change into pajamas and to the restroom. He begged that I never speak of that again. I agreed.

I laid him in his bed, which he also argued with me about.

"I don't need help, "

"Yes you do Charles."

"I seriously don't,"

"Please just let me help you, just this once?"

He caved.
"Fine."
I lifted him gently, and placed him in the bed.

"Thank you Erik,"

"You're welcome."

I made way to go into a guest room.

"Stay?" He reached out and grabbed my wrist. I looked at him, this beautiful broken boy in front of me. And so much was shown on his face. His fear, his desperation to not be alone, his self hatred from needing help. Everything. And something else I didn't dare to believe was something I wanted too.

"Okay," he tried to move over enough so I could lay down next to him. Which was slightly difficult for him but he managed it on his own.

I smiled, and he smiled back.

As soon as I was laying down he put his head on my shoulder, and leaned into me as much as possible.

I froze when something happened to me. We aren't going to into it, but I was glad there was a blanket over me.

So I tried thinking of all the things that would make me uncomfortable, and it helped. A lot.

"Erik?" Charles sounded sleepy.

"Yes?"

"I have something to tell you, but you have to promise not to hate me"

"I could never hate you."

He was silent for a while, I thought he had fallen asleep.

"I like you Erik, like really like you. I have for a while."

My heart pounded hard.

"Like, like me like me? Or just like me as friends?"  Hope bloomed in my chest. Maybe this wasn't the time but still.

"Like you like you." Hope was in his voice too.

He sat up a little, and looked at me.

"Well I like you like you too." And with that I kissed him. It probably only last a few seconds but in the instant time stopped, and all that existed was his lips on mine. A simple kiss, but an extraordinary one.

We both pulled away, looking a little dazzled.

Then we heard clapping and squealing.

"I told you hank!"

"I believed you!"

"FINALLY CHERIK FOR THE WIN BITCHES" we looked over to see the entirety of our friend group. Clapping.

I shut the door in their face without having to leave the bed.

"AWW BUT YALL ARE SO CUTE"

"Well that was embarrassing," the boy beside me giggled. He was very pink from blushing.

"It was" I agreed, again.

We laughed and kissed again.

He yawned.

"Sleep Charles,"

"But kissing," he pouted.

"We can do more if that tomorrow. And we can talk about this more, alright?"

He nodded and fell asleep quickly, still cuddled up against me.

What a fun homecoming. I couldn't sleep for hours, all I could think of was him. His lips on mine, and him saying "I like you like you."