Friendship

Erik's POV
Week after the project began
Charles and I sat back and appreciated our work. The robot we built for Stark's class was technically done the third day, however we were making small changes for the rest of the time.

  He was interesting to talk to, always knowing the right thing to say. We talked of more stuff and quickly became friends. Emma was ecstatic to sit with them at lunch, and if I'm being honest I was as well.
"It's perfect!" He exclaimed, excitedly.
"It is! What are we going to do now?" I questioned, looking over at him. I desperately wanted to touch his hair. This crush is making me feel creepy.
"Well we turn it into Mr. Stark. And get the next two weeks off!" We both smiled at that.
We turned it in and Mr. Stark was impressed.
"Very good Mr. Lensherr, Mr. Xavier, you may catch up with other classes with the remainder of class left" stark then sat and put on  Black Sabbath.
We talked as we did math homework. I looked over at his and realized it wasn't the same work.
"Charles?"
"Yes?" He gave me a confused glance, his pretty blue eyes an ocean of curiosity.
"Why do you have different math homework?"
He looked down and laughed.
"I am a bit ahead in the course."
I smiled.
"Of course you are,"
We smiled and finished homework.
~~
Charles and I were the first to the cafeteria. Charles started to eat when I noticed he was tapping his fingers quickly, an absentminded action.
"Hey Erik?"
"Yes?" I thought of the parallel and almost laughed.
"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out this weekend? I understand if you don't wish to." He looked down at his food.
"I would love to!"
His face brightens, "brilliant, after school tomorrow?"
I thought on it, I had nothing going on.
"That would be perfect let me ask my mom and I'll text you."
He smiled, "do you want to spend the night, if you can? Raven is having the girls over and I need company to survive the weekend with them."
That surprised me.
"All weekend?"
"She likes to have long sleepovers, you don't have to stay if you don't want to."
Again I thought about it.
"I'll ask! It'll be fun!"
We both cheered at that.
Hank and Raven sat down and we all talked about the show Sherlock.
~~
Mama set a plate of dinner in front of me and sat down. It was just the two of us, papa had died years ago.
"Mama,"I began, she looked over at me, and nodded for me to continue.
"Can I spend the weekend with my friend?"
"The whole weekend?" Her foreign accent thick, but lovely.
"Yes ma'am, his sister is hanging out with her friends and he doesn't want to be alone." Alone with his stepbrother. I added silently.
"Is he a good boy?" That wasn't a no. In fact that's in the right track to a yes.
"Yes ma'am. He's very smart, him and our friend Hank are the smartest in the school. Charles is in national honor society and is taking college classes." I know my mom values academics, so me having smart friends would definitely please her.
She smiled. "Yes, bubeleh. You may spend the weekend. But I would like to meet his parents. I'll drop you off." Her tone was final which was fine by me.

After dinner I texted Charles.
7:30 pm hey Charles my mom said yes. She wants to meet your mom though
7:32 pm splendid. I'll have mother meet her at the door tomorrow.
7:33 pm coolio
7:33 pm ..... did you seriously just type coolio?
7:36 pm yes I did. Deal with it.
7:37 pm 😂 naturally
7:40 pm it'll be fun

I put my phone down and couldn't stop smiling