What happens when you are jealous

*****'s POV

The woods around me were a blur, the world was spinning. My chest rose and fell rapidly, making it hurt.

I clutched the gun, the gun I used to shoot him. Oh my god I shot him, how could I do that?

"He was with that disgusting thing"

I thought nastily, it was true. Erik Lensherr was disgusting, at least to me. Couldn't Erik see he was so wrong for him. I'm what's right!

Think, think, what to do.
Shit! Thinking. Charles is going to know I've done it. As soon as he sees me, I can't do that. I wasn't aiming at him but I had never held a gun before.

I kept running, running until I knew I was close enough to get to his house.

Running, I didn't even knock.

"Ah, what have I done to be blessed with such an honor."

I shoved the gun at him.
"This. This is yours" my voice was small.

"Why thank you, did you hit your target."

I shook my head, tears forming.

"Shhh. Why the tears?"

"I-I shot Charles, on accident. He's going to find out!"

"YOU SHOT WHO NOW?!" Cain's voice boomed, making me flinch  and Shaw's eyes widened.

"It was an accident!" I sobbed.

Cain, in his giant glory, came running at me.

"I specifically told you not to touch my fucking step brother, he's mine and no one else's. Mine." He growled.

"That's a little creepy sounding, " Shaw muttered.

"Fine," Cain spit at my shoe. I was too afraid to move. "He's my punching bag, no one else's"
"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to. I was aiming at Lensher"

"Well you are a horrible shot."

"What are we going to do?"

"We?" Shaw raised his brow. "There's no we, you're the one who assaulted a younger student."

"With your gun," I said with some confidence. "And if I go down, I'm taking both you pricks with me. Shaw you gave me the gun, and the bullets." Turning to glare at Cain. "And you, you just admitted you beat Charles, I will mention that when I get arrested."

"You got nerve, but you're smart at least. Fine, we will help you. Stay away from Xavier, Cain go see your brother. I'm sure you will be getting a call soon, since you're the legal adult."

Cain left, and I sat. I was still shaking.

"Drink, it'll make you feel better"

I downed three drinks before I felt calmer. I could do this. I can hide the truth.