I like him like him

Charles' POV

I woke up to strong arms curled around me. I couldn't move, even if I wanted to. I didn't mind though, I loved Erik's arms around me.

I kept a thinking of the night before, our kiss. And then falling a sleep next to him

I never wanted this moment to end. But my body had needs and I couldn't ignore them.

Carefully, I managed to get out of his arms, I hated to do it. And found my chair in an inconvenient spot. Fuck.

With great difficulty, I forced my legs off the bed. Biting my lip to avoid grunting in pain. It hurt so bad, but I didn't want to wake Erik up. I knew he had trouble sleeping as it was.

Then I pulled myself to the end of my bed, to where the chair sat near the board.

Somehow, I managed to grab the wheelchair. And after a few more moments of struggling, I made it into the chair.

Small victories!

I wheeled myself into my bathroom, which was difficult because it was not set up to accommodate a wheelchair.  But like with everything recently in my life, I managed. Then I managed to get the bath running. It was four am, far too early for any living soul to be awake but I couldn't stay in the bed waiting for someone to help me.

I had to do things on my own, I would not be a bugger burden.

Once my tub was filled with hot water, I carefully got in. It took a bit, longer than it took to get out of bed. I was careful not to make noise, and I got in.

Warmth greeted the top of my body, but all I felt as cold nothingness on the lower half. I read it was common with paralysis.

The bath soothed me, I let some of the tension disappear as I soaked.

I stayed in until the water turned cold. And even after, I drained the tub and turned the shower on. Letting the warm water hit me. I just wanted to feel warm.

Where's Charles?

I heard Erik think.

He must've woken up.

So I sent him a mental message.

Sorry Erik, didn't want to wake you. I'm in the bathroom. Be out in a second.

Oh thank god. I thought you just vanished.

I climbed out of the tub, still with great difficulty but I didn't care if I made noise this time so it went quicker.

I dried off and put on a fresh outfit I had laid out yesterday. Feeling clean, I wheeled back into my bedroom.

Erik smiled again me.

"Morning,"

"Morning Erik."

He looked so cute, his hair was messy from sleeping and his clothes were crumbled. I liked him liked him so badly.

Okay I could probably say love him, I'm glad he wasn't a telepath. He didn't need to read my thoughts.

Just like I tried hog to read his. But his were loud sometimes. Still, I managed to block him out mostly.

Everyone deserved their privacy. Especially their privacy of their own thoughts.

"You sleep well?" He asked, concern written all over his face. He walked over to where my chair was and sat on the seat next to it

I nodded "you?"

"Same."

God this was awkward.

"Erik about last night-"

"It was amazing Charles. Or at least I thought it was amazing."

"I did aw well," I smiled, he returned it.

He leaned over and kissed me softly again.

"Charles Xavier, will you go on a date with me?"

"Yes!!!" I said very quickly. "I mean, yeah sure." I tried not to sound desperate. But he was laughing and looked happy so I thought screw it I can be a little desperate and excited.

"Breakfast?"

He raised his eye brows at my question.

"Do you want breakfast, Erik?"

"Oh right yes. Breakfast is good"

I smirked and wheeled my way to the stairs.

"Well this is a problem"

"Not for me," before I could ask what he meant he scooped me out of the chair. And carried me down. Using his mutation to carry the chair with us. Then sat me back into it at the bottom of the stairs.

"Thanks,"

We held hands as we ate breakfast, just the two of us.