Pain and Anger

Charles' POV

My body ached, pain from my back was setting in and it woke me with a start.

Everything was blurry, and I felt like I got hit by a truck. The only good thing was the voices weren't bugging me. Finally blinking until I could see clearly, well clearer, I noticed the soft colours all around.

The smell was overly clean, and then there was the IV in my arm. Clearly I was in a hospital.

The nurse who was putting medicine into my IV might've also given that away.

"Oh Charles, you're awake. That's wonderful!"

"How long have I been in here?" Whatever medicine they had me on was making me unable to use my mutation, which I felt a relief and panic at the idea.

"About three days. Surgery was long and it was a great shock. You've been awake a few times, but not for very long. Can I ask you a couple questions?"

I nodded, slowly because my head hurt a little. Probably because I'm use to more than my own thoughts in my head and now it was only me. It felt lonely, I didn't like that.

"Do you feel any pain?"

"My head slightly, and my lower back."

Now it was her turn to nod, sadly I noted.

"That's expected, okay a one more question Are you thirsty or hungry? I can get you some food?"

"Yes please,"

She smiled, "okay I'll get you some. I'm grabbing the doctor on my way out."

And like that I was alone, and I could think about what happened.

"Charles, do you think Nikolai and Zoya are going to get married?"

"They better, it would agony otherwise."

"You know, if you ever met her. You could read her mind and see what she's writing!"

"I could, but rather not. It would be spoiled then."

"True enough,"

I looked over at my best friend, and my heart skipped a beat. He was so beautiful with his light brown hair and perfect blue eyes, that smile that he is always self conscious of. His rage that he feels deep down over his fathers death, over assholes in school.

I was going to tell him, I was going to tell him I liked him.

I couldn't even say his name before the world slowed around me, pain crashed into my back and I fell to the ground.

Everything after that was a blur.

"Hello Charles, I'm Dr. Strange. "

The man sorta looked like the new Sherlock Holmes, but he had a beard so it must be a completely different person.

Oh hi there. It's me Deadpool. You're probably wondering who fucking stole my job and broke the fourth wall. A fucking fanfic author that's who.

Wade get out of my story please, trying to have a Charles Chapter now.

McAvoy or Stewart? These timelines are so confusing.

Are you the Deadpool from the actual Deadpool movie or the one from X-men origins?

Fuck you. Fine have the bald motherfucker keep going. I need a chimichanga, and I got bad guys to kill.

Have fun! If you see Peter tell him hi from me.

My spidey! Talk to you later author.

The doctor walked me questions, told me about physical therapy, and that it was completely impossible for me to ever walk again.

I'm embarrassed to say I cried after he left, I cried until the nurse came in and I stopped.

And after she left I cried some more.

It wasn't that I was shot, it was that I was going to be a bigger burden on my family, and that I could never climb my grandfather's tree again. Or run with Erik and Hank.

Or anything like that.
~~

Raven came to see me, apparently only family could visit and our parents were still on their vacation.

Raven was pissed but said nothing on it, she told me jokes to make me laugh. And she distracted me with her latest drama from school a few days ago.

I let her talk, and talk, because she was good at distracting, because she was my little sister and the only real family I had.

I smiled at her, and she gave me hug.

And a note from Erik.

Hello Old friend,
I hope you're feeling better, I want you to know I'm looking for the person who did this to you. He will feel all the pain he caused you. I promise, I will find out who did this. The doctors said I couldn't see you, which is bullshit! But alas I can't get past them, I've tried. Get better soon, I'll be there when they discharge you, which they said would be tomorrow hopefully. (I eavesdropped on them, sorry not sorry).  Love you, see you soon.

Sincerely,

Your friend Erik.

I smiled, not that I wanted him to actually hurt anyone, but I felt warm inside over him getting worked up by it.

Pain, yes that's what I was feeling. But Erik wasn't feeling that, he was feeling anger.

Pain and Anger, what a great match we make. I laugh silently to myself. And I kept talking to my sister, and let the idea of revenge fall away. All I wanted now was to get out if this hospital, and to be home. And to be around Erik as well.

"I brought your science book thingy." She handed me the copy of the newest scientific papers. Her nose scrunched up.

"Thank you, you're an angel."

"Why thank you, I rather thought I was"