Unshed Tears

Raven's POV
Potential trigger warning
We walked into the park, Erik, Charles, Emma, Angel and I. We were meeting the others; Hank, Sean, Darwin, Moira, Alex, Wade, and Logan.

Erik still hadn't met Wade and Logan yet. Good luck to him.

I talked with the girls about random things, and I heard my brother's voice in my head.
Raven?
Yes Charles
On a scale to 1-10 how much do you think Erik will freak over everyone's mutation?
Oh definitely an eleven.
We both mentally laughed, I looked over and he smiled at me.
Agree. He knows you all have mutations I didn't tell him what.
He will have a fun time then.
Our mental conversation ended when we finally got to our spot. I saw Hank wave us over. I ran over to him excitedly.
"Raven!" He called and hugged me as I reached him. He looked so cute and dorky in his glasses.

~~
"So what is everyone's gifts?" Erik asked. We were all lounging about the park.

"Well I can transform into anyone," I volunteered to go first. "It's why I'm called Mystique. "
"I wanted to be called mystique but she called it first." Sean jokes, recreating the time we picked our names.

I let myself turn into Sean, which made everyone laugh. "I'm way more mysterious than you."

After Emma turned to diamond form and spoke in Erik's head. He didn't seem to like her doing it but smiled at her diamond form.

Angel showed off her wings and acid spit.

Hank showed Erik his monkey feet, literally and quickly covered up. He wasn't confident in himself, it always made me sad. He should own his looks.

Alex showed off his weird laser hula hoop things, the reason he was called Havoc.

Darwin showed he could survive anything.

"What about you Moira?" Erik asked, Wade and Logan hadn't shown up and she was the only one left.
Everyone got really uncomfortable.

"I'm actually human." She said sharply, pushing back a strand of brown hair out of her face.
"Oh," he said and stated to talk to Charles.
But then suddenly we heard
"OH MY ASS!" Wade ran over, he was in his Deadpool suit, he was a bit older and a general pain in the ass. But we also found him amusing.

"Who's balls did I have to fondle go get into this fanfic?" He smiled off to the side like he was looking through a screen.
"Ah Wade, lovely to see you again. Let me introduce you to Erik Lensherr. He can control metal."

"Oooo the Erik! I smell Cherik happening. What do you say author?!"
Wade this isn't the time. Raven doesn't even know I'm saying this.
"Oh you're not fun."
I leaned over to hank, "I worry about him."
"Me too."
Logan came over and showed off his metal claws, and stabbed Wade in the arm. Conveniently showing off both mutations.
Erik looked around us in wonder. I'm glad he finally knew, it was a pain keeping it from him. I did note the look of jealousy Moira had in her eyes, but I ignored it. She would only snap at me if I asked.

~~

Back at the house, stuff started to go down hill. It was midnight, and I couldn't sleep. I decided to get some water from the fridge and a midnight snack.

I pulled my blonde hair in a ponytail, around the house I stay disguised. Practically all the time really.

The door creaked upon opening and I freeze. Terrified, I slowly make my way to the entry way and Instantly relaxed at seeing Cain.

Cain was a mess. His blonde hair was all over ether place, and he had blood on his face, the stench of alcohol all over him.
"Raven. What are you doing up?" He looked pissed.
"I couldn't sleep, what are you doing home late? And why are you bleeding?"
He glared at me.
"Got into a fight at a party. Go to bed raven. "
I don't argue, I hated talking to him for long. He freaked me the fuck out.

I ran up the stairs and ate my snack. I still couldn't stop thinking of the blood on Cain. He got in fights often, it wasn't abnormal. So why did I think this was something else?

After an hour I still couldn't sleep. I headed towards our garden, my favorite place on the property. Hoping it would make me relax and sleepy.

I smelled the peonies, breathing them deeply. They were gorgeous and I loved them.

A muffled scream rang through the garden.

I ran in that direction, and heard another scream.
I turned to corner in the garden, near the tool shed when I saw Charles laying on the ground. He was hunched over in pain, bleeding from a cut that was somewhere.
"CHARLES!" I knelt down by him.
"Raven? What are you doing here? Go back inside." He asked in a clenched voice.
"No, who hurt you?"
"It's nothing," he groaned in pain. "Just an accident. I'm clumsy."
"He's right, go inside Raven." Cain growled, coming out of the shadows. I jumped from his voice.

"What happened?" Cain had more blood on him, on his knuckles. I swallowed hard.
"Noting go inside. Back to bed. Charles here just fell. How silly of him."
I glared at him, and went back to looking at Charles.
"Raven please, I'll be in shortly. I promise."
Cain pulled me up and pushed me toward the house.
"That's a good girl."
~~
I sat on Charles' bed waiting for him. I even had a first aid kit next to me.

Charles limped in the room, and was shocked at seeing me.

"Raven, I thought you went to bed." I was still bleeding, and I saw his eyes were full of tears left unshed.
"What happened?" I ask, I wasn't leaving until he told me. "Sit down, and tell me what happened,"
He sat down.
"It was an accident okay? And completely my fault."
"How so?" I didn't believe it was his fault at all.
"I pissed Cain off, he was upset and I made it worst." I heard him mutter, like always.
"How much did he hurt you?"

"Not that much, I swear. I'll take care of it go to bed."
"No. I'm helping. Show me or I go tell mother."
He pled even more, but in buttoned his shirt to show a cut on his chest. There was more, scars covered him. As did bruises in different stages of healings.
My eyes widened, but I said nothing as I cleaned the cut. It didn't look horrible but i wondered if he needed stitches.
"I don't, it's not that deep. Just put a bandage,"
I obeyed and did it.

"Thank you."
"Charles, there's more injuries, old injuries. How did this happen?"

"That need not concern you, little sister. Please go to bed."

"It does concern me! If you're getting hurt then yeah it fucking concerns me!"

"No it doesn't. It's nothing. I'm nothing don't worry about it. Just go to bed please." Now he cried slightly.
Anger and sadness ran through me.
"You are my brother, you are the reason I have a family. Why we have friends, why the others don't feel alone. Don't you dare say you're nothing because you mean everything to us." I said through gritted teeth. "Did Cain do all of this?"
He looked at me pleading. But slowly nodded. I made way to go to the door but he grabbed my arm.
"Please raven, don't. You don't know what he will do. Just leave it."

"We have to do something! He can't keep hurting you!"
"We can do something about it tomorrow, please I'm exhausted and I know you are too."
I looked at him, confused. Was he serious?

"Please, not tonight."
"Fine, but we are figuring this out tomorrow, and you're telling me everything tomorrow."
He nodded.
"What were you doing up, anyway?"
"I couldn't sleep,"
He nodded, and grabbed a poetry book that was on the side table near the bed.

I laid my head in his lap, like I did every time I couldn't sleep. He stroked my hair and read from the book.
"Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—"
I fell asleep to him reading Edgar Allen Poe's the Raven.