Noticing the small details

Erik's POV
"Hey Emma. Is that brunette kid always in pain?" It was my third week at school here, and I saw about everyday the kid would flinch at being touched. I still didn't know his name, like no one called it out or anything. But he seemed to know everyone, everyone.
Emma looked uncomfortable, I didn't mention him often out of fear of being annoying and creepy. But she seemed like she didn't want to tell me something, which was weird because she lived to gossip with me.

"No, he's just has sensitive hearing and skin," she lied. She completely lied. But I said nothing and nodded my head and focused more in the math on the board. Could someone kill me and put me out of the misery?
The brunette kid laughed. Everyone looked a bit shocked, he usually only answered a few questions but nothing else. Emma glared at him.

"Is there something funny?" Mrs. Matagert demanded.
"Sorry ma'am, I just thought if something funny from earlier. My apologies, I didn't mean to disrupt the lesson." He had a British accent. God kill me now.

~~
It was science class that I finally learned his name.
We were sitting in our seats, we were rows apart, and our teacher was giving us our assignment.
"You will be building a robot, now you can build whatever you like. However you only three weeks to do so," everyone groaned before he said " you'll have a partner so it won't be too difficult."
Everyone cheered, except the brunette boy, until the teacher did this.
"I've already chosen your partners." Groans filled the room.
"Stark, you better not have put me with Charles." A big ugly kid called out, his name was Cain Marko. And from what I heard he was a total dick. The cute brunette guy flinched at his voice.
"Mr. Marko, first off you show me some respect. And secondly no way I would ever force poor Charles to work with you. So quiet down now."
Marko looked irate but he shut up.
"Now here's the list of partners. Moria you work with  Darwin, Hank you and Angel. Charles you and Erik. " he listed everyone else until he ended with. "Marko you work by yourself."
"Mr. Stark, with all do respect can't I work with Charles?" Moria asked.
"With all do respect no, now everyone get with their partners."
I looked around not knowing exactly who Charles was. But the then the brunette kid came up to me.
"Hello, you're Erik correct?" He looked like he already knew the answer but was asking to make me feel better.
"Yes I am. You must be Charles then?" He nodded. So I finally got a name. I'm pretty sure my head was screaming.
He flinched a bit before smiling.
"So ready to work on this?" Charles asked, like nothing was bothering him. But I saw the bruises in his arm, his sleeve didn't cover it. I also saw the guy and scratches their too. He quickly covered them up.
"Yeah, lets um start," I'm incredibly awkward and hopeless.
After thirty five minutes of working we had the robot planned and already started on the body. It turns out he's incredibly intelligent and knew how to build one, and me moving metal helped me(he didn't know of course about that). We made a pretty good team.
"You're friends with Emma Frost, right?" Charles inquired. We were packing up.
"I am, but she's not here today," sadly Added in my head, I was going to have to eat lunch alone.
"Would you like to eat with my group and me? So you don't eat alone?" It's like he read my mind, I was about to comment when he hastily added.
"Sorry if I sounded rude or creepy, I noticed you and Emma sit by yourselves." Oh he noticed us? Maybe he was looking at Emma, yeah that makes sense. He probably wanted to talk about her, but I really didn't want to eat lunch alone.
"Sure, are you sure your friends won't mind?"
"They won't. Believe me they'll be excited." Charles and I walked to the lunch room, we chatted about different things, where I was from, what his parents did for a living, what mine did. That type thing, it was nice until Marko showed up. We were just outside the cafeteria when.
"Lensherr, why are you hanging out with this dick bag?" He was truly horrific to look out, his poor mother had to birth that child. Talk about a face only a mother could love.
"Marko, piss off." I muttered, where did I get this confidence? I have no docking idea.
"You're going to regret that Lensherr," he raised his fist when Charles grabbed it.
"Cain," he growled, " enough. Don't make me talk to step father. He won't like this." Charles looked absolutely terrified of him, but his voice was calm.
"You know what happens when you snitch." Marko leaked in relay close and whispered something to Charles.
The monster left  and Charles dragged me inside.
I finally asked, "step father?"
"What?"
"You said, " don't make me talk to step father,". Is he your brother? I thought you had a different last name. " I grabbed the food from the line, he did the same.
"I do. He's my step brother. A complete ass hole,"
"I'm sorry," I really was sorry he had to deal with him.
"Don't be, I have another sibling. A little sister, she makes home completely bearable. Speaking of her, this is Raven," we had walked over to the table I saw Charles eat lunch at. He gestured to a pretty blonde girl, who smiled at us.
"Charles, who's this?"
"Everyone meet Erik Lensherr, he's going to be eating lunch with us." Charles sat down, and I sat next to him.
I was introduced to everyone.
Hank McCoy, was the geeky brunette kid from science. But he was a cool guy, I found out he was raven and Charles' best friend.
Then there was Darwin, he was also from science and he was best friends with Alex.
Alex Summers was the jock of the group, he has a letter man jackets and his blond hair was ruffled.
Angel Salvadore was the pretty warmed skinned girl from science.
Moria was the angry white girl who glared at me during lunch.
Sean was the ginger kid, he was in the chorus.
Everyone, besides Moira, was welcoming and talkative. I talked a lot with them and Charles. And I learned most people had nicknames here.
Raven was Mystique, Hank was Beast, Sean was Banshee, Angel was either just called angel or Tempest, Darwin was already his nickname, Alex was Havok, and Charles was the Professor.
"The more we learn about you, the more we can figure out your Nick name," Raven Explained. 
"That is of course if you would like to join our group," Hank said, smiling. I thought about it. I really did like these guys but I couldn't abandon Emma. And I was about to say so when Charles said
"Emma can join too, we've all known her for years."
I smiled.
"I would love to be friends with y'all."
Charles smiled. "Splendid,"