TREZE

"The night after the Halloween party was the worst for Nate, he was awake all night thinking about Madely, wondering if he lost his best friend

"The night after the Halloween party was the worst for Nate, he was awake all night thinking about Madely, wondering if he lost his best friend. And when he woke up his mom told him Madelyn had dropped a box off for him, he was happy, he thought she had forgiven him, but when he opened the box he had a surprise."

Nate Jacobs was sitting on his bed staring at the small box, a box which contained a necklace with a 'N' pendant, a necklace that he is really familiar with, the one he gave his best friend. The boy couldn't believe it, didn't think she was that mad at him, and he couldn't understand why she was so mad, he was free, that's what everyone wanted, he thought.

What the boy didn't know is that his friend wanted him to be better, she dedicated herself to him for weeks just for him to go back to where he was before. The girl was tired and had no one to talk to.

The Jacobs boy thought of every possible way of making his friend feel better, but he couldn't because he didn't even know why she was mad.

...

The following days after the Halloween party Madelyn went to school and didn't really talk to anyone, when she got home she laid on her bed all day, the only thing she did was to get up and walk her dog during the sunset. And it was in one of those nights she saw Kat walking on the streets, crying. She thought about it and decided to go talk to her.

"Kat, are you alright?" she asked.

The girl was surprised, she didn't see Madelyn until she talked to her, she quickly wiped her tears and said " yeah, I'm fine."

"Kat, I know we are not close, but if you ever need to talk, I'm here" the blonde said.

"Maddy was being a cunt, that's all" Kat told her.

"Well, fuck Maddy" Madelyn said.

Kat laughed, "so you are still mad at her?" She asked.

Madelyn sighed and said "I'm not mad, I'm just upset I guess, I just thought she realized she doesn't need a man, but apparently not."

"I don't think she will ever realize that," Kat said.

A couple of days after her interaction with Kat Maddie was laying on her bed, like what she had been doing for weeks now. The girl was oblivious to everything that was happening around her and her friends. She was oblivious to Cassie being pregnant, to the encounter Fezco and Nate had a couple of days ago at the convenience store, to what was happening to Jules.

The girl was taken out of her bubble when Maddy Perez stormed into her room.

"Look I know you are mad and I'm sorry. But I like really miss you, you are a great friend and I love you, I didn't want to upset you." the brunette said.

It took Madelyn a couple of seconds to process what was happening. "I'm not mad Maddy, I'm just disappointed, I don't want you to be miserable because of a boy. And I love you two" when she finished saying that she took notice of Maddy's appearance, the girl had clearly been crying, her hair was in a messy ponytail and she wore pink sweatpants and hoodie. "Are you okay?" the blonde asked.

"I'm fine," Maddy said. "I came to tell you I was sorry and that I just came from Nate's house, it was like super weird, but that's not the point. We broke up like for real this time, I don't want that shit anymore, and I don't want to be treated like that anymore."

Madelyn was shocked, but she hoped it was true, "good for you Maddy" she said and smiled.

"Yeah, I missed you Mads" Maddy said again, smiling and hugging her friend.

The girls laid there for hours, just talking about nothing and everything, Maddy telling her what happened at Nate's house and everything else in between.

...

"After the events of the halloween party Madelyn didn't really talk to anyone, she thought she was just upset, but there were signs of depression, a lot of them. The only person she talked to was Fezco, she was the only friend she had some interest in talking to.

She didn't know at that time, but she was falling in love with him. I think it's funny, they hooked up for months and were just friends, now that they stopped hooking up, she fell for him.

But she was in for a rude awakening, because when Fez confronted Nate about harassing me and Jules and told Nate something else, he told Nate he didn't deserve Madelyn, that she was too good for him and he was glad that she wasn't talking to him anymore. And let me tell you, that pissed Nate off."

Madelyn sat on her bed, like she had been doing for days now, with an empty stare just looking at the ceiling, thinking that she was happy because she was talking to Maddy again. The girl got a text, when she looked she saw it was from Rue, and she was surprised, she hadn't talked to Rue in a while.

Rue:

Hey, I thought you should know Fezco's place got raided last night.

When Maddie read that text she jumped, she didn't even reply to Rue. The girl didn't even put pants on, she just slipped on her birkenstocks and she ran towards Fezco's place. Her mind was all over the place, why would they raid Fezco's, someone had to tell them about him, but who? That was all she could think about. But she had a dreadful feeling she knew who had done it.

When she got there she knocked on the door a couple of times, after two minutes or so Fez finally opened the door. The girl noticed how tired and stressed he looked.

The girl launched at him and hugged him tightly, "how are you?"

Fezco pulled away, looked at her and said "I'm alright." He looked her in the eye and said "Look I think it's better if you don't come over no more."

"What?" she asked, she was confused and hurt.

"It's just shit is going down and I don't want to get you in trouble, so it's better if we don't talk for a while," the redhead said, stroking her cheek with his thumb.

"I understand," she said, pulling away. "Bye Fez" the girl walked away with tears in her eyes.

Walking back to her house her thoughts were consumed by the redheaded boy, she wanted to fix everything somehow, she wanted to just hug him and make him feel better, he deserves that, she thought. Deep down the girl knew that a relationship with Fezco could only bring problems to the boy but that didn't make her feel any better. That's when she realized how dependent she was on the boy, and that's when she realized that she was in love with him, and now her heart was broken.

...

Author's note:

I'm sorry about taking a long time to post this chapter, and I'm sorry this is a short one, I'm just having a terrible weekend so I had no idea what to do for this one.