SETE

Madelyn was on the phone with Maddy and Cassie trying to decide what they would wear for the carnival the next day, and she was also texting Jules about the same thing

Madelyn was on the phone with Maddy and Cassie trying to decide what they would wear for the carnival the next day, and she was also texting Jules about the same thing. It seemed weird, but it took the girls, especially Maddy a long time to decide what to wear, and Madelyn knew she would have that kind of time to help tomorrow. They were on the phone when someone knocked on her door, she told the person that it was opened, and then Nate walked in her room. She looked at him shocked and told her friends "I need to go, I'll talk to you guys later" and then she hung up.

Nate and Madelyn stared at each other for a good minute until they both said at the same time "I'm sorry" and with that Nate gave her a chocolate box he bought her.

"Thanks," she said. "Look Nate, I'm sorry. I shouldn't pressure you into telling me things, you should tell me when you are ready."

"Babe look," Nate said and sat them both down in her bed. "I didn't tell you because there is nothing to tell you. Nothing is going on," he said looking at her.

"Nate..." she sighed and looked into his eyes. "You don't need to lie to me, I know you better than anyone. There is clearly something going on, a person just don't have dick pics in their phone for nothing, they just don't have a gay dating app for nothing... " Nate interrupted her.

"It's nothing" he started to get frustrated.

"You can't lie to me, and you know that. But I want you to understand that there is nothing wrong if you like boys too, or if you just want to experiment with different things. I know you think it's not because of your dad. But I need you to know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and that you can always tell me anything I will never judge you. I love you, just the way you are, and nothing will change that" said Madelyn looking into Nate's eyes. As she finished Nate started to cry, cry like she had never seen before, he hugged her tight and just cried for what seemed like hours.

When Nate finally stopped crying when they pulled away they put their foreheads against one another and stared into each other's eyes. Madelyn dried Nate's tears and he murmured a thank you, and he put her hair behind her ear, still looking into her eyes. They just looked at each other for a couple minutes, and then Nate started to lean in, and he did so until Madelyn could feel his breath on her face. Madelyn's heart was pounding on her chest and before she could think of anything else her best friend kissed her. It was a slow yet passionate kiss, after a minute or two Madelyn pulled away.

Nate still had his eyes closed when Maddie said "Nate... we can't."

"I know" the brunette said. The two still had their foreheads pressed against each other. "Hey, I love you too," he said.

Madelyn laughed and whispered "shit." Maddie completely pulled away and looked at Nate again, she sighed and said "look Nate, now that we are opening up to each other and telling the truth I need to tell you something" but she was interrupted by the Jacobs boy.

"Mads, you are my best friend, and I just wanted to let you know that I will always protect you, and if anyone laid a hand on you, I would kill that person" when the brunette said that Madelyn's body went cold, and instead of continuing what she had to say she just hugged him. She was afraid of what her friend would say when he found out about Fezco.

...

It was the morning of the carnival and Madelyn felt like shit, she was finally on good, no, great terms with Maddy and she had kissed Nate the night before. She felt like she owed Maddy an explanation, but she was afraid, and there was also Fezco. She knew they weren't exclusive, or even liked each other, but they were friends, and she felt like she owed him the truth.

She had to help the Jacobs with their chili stand at the carnival, so she had to get there earlier, so instead of waiting and torturing herself until the carnival she texted Maddy and asked if she could go over to her house.

She drove over to Maddy's, and she felt like that was the longest drive of her life. When she got to the house she knocked on the door and Mr. Perez opened the door for her, let her in and showed her his daughter's room. The door was opened so Madelyn knocked and called Maddy, who told her to come in.

"What's up?" Said Maddy, the girl had multiple outfits laid on her bed. "Girl I need help with my outfit," the Perez girl said.

Madelyn laughed and said "I can help you but we need to talk first", and she sat down in Maddy's bed.

The Perez girl noticed how distressed her friend looked so she started to worry, "did something happen?" She asked.

"Nate came over yesterday, he wanted to talk" she said and Maddy gestured to her to continue, "we talked, and we..." the girl took a deep breath, "we kissed" the girl finished. She looked at Maddy's face trying to read her, but she couldn't.

"But like who kissed who?" the brunette asked.

"He kissed me, but I kissed him back, so both I guess" Madelyn said.

"Honestly I'm not surprised," Maddy said calmly.

"What?" Maddie said, confused. She thought Maddy would be screaming at her at this point. "So you're not mad?" She asked.

"I thought I would be but I'm not. I'm not going to lie, I thought you guys kissed all the time behind my back. And I'm like really happy you told me, now I know you are really my friend." the brunette said and hugged her friend. "Is it weird that that didn't bother me at all?" Maddy asked.

Madelyn laughed and said "a little, but I guess Nate dragged me into everything in your relationship. Honestly the only thing he didn't drag me into was sex."

"That would be hot, I would totally do you" Maddy said and both girls laughed.

Madalyn spent the next hour or so helping Maddy figure out what to wear for the carnival that evening.

"When Madelyn left Maddy's house around noon she was happy, it seemed like things were finally working out. What she didn't know was that shit was gonna go down in the carnival, and she was going to be in the middle of it."