PROLOGUE

"Madelyn Harris, or Mads as most people call her

"Madelyn Harris, or Mads as most people call her. We used to be good friends before I started to go hard on drugs, let's just say she went through some shit and I was too high to even notice something was wrong.

She is known as"golden girl" because she is well... perfect. She is great at school, and just a nice person overall, and I'm pretty sure she talks to everyone, everyone likes her. Well, almost everyone, Maddy Perez hates her, between us Maddy doesn't hate her, she is jealous. You might ask why, Nate Jacobs, that's why.

There is a second reason why she is known as golden girl, because the football team started calling her "Nate's Golden Girl". Her and Nate have been best friends since they can remember, they have been through everything together, and you can almost always see Nate walking behind her in the hallways. Now, me, and the rest of the school think he is in love with her. He is like, obsessed with her and super possessive, he never lets any guy get close to her, and she is the only person he is nice to.

Remember when I said she is perfect? Well... the golden girl has secrets that not even her best friend knows. I found out later on that Mads enjoyed the company of a certain drug dealer more than she let on."