QUATRO

It was Maddy's birthday, and to say Madelyn was nervous was an understatement

It was Maddy's birthday, and to say Madelyn was nervous was an understatement. She had gotten a call on the previous night from Maddy, telling her all about how Nate had showed up at the house she works at with flowers and apologized, and that she had invited him for her birthday. Maddie was not sure about the event, it would be in the Howard residence, and while she had been there often helping Lexi with the play, she was never around Cassie. But not only she would have to be in the same room as Cassie, but Nate would be there as well.

Maddie checked herself in the mirror one last time before leaving her house. She looked better than she felt, a navy bodycon dress, high black chunky heels, and she did a golden and purple eyeliner, with some blue on her lid. The blonde smiled at herself, thinking Maddy would be proud of her.

The drive to the Howard household was painfully fast, but Maddie was glad to see Maddy's car parked in front of the house, knowing her plan to show up a little late had worked. Once she parked the car, the Harris girl looked at herself in the rearview mirror, taking one last deep breath before walking out of the car. She walked towards the door, knocking, and seconds later she was met with Suze's smiling figure.

"Hi baby," the older woman pulled Madelyn into a hug.

"Hi Suze," the girl greeted the woman.

"You look beautiful," Suze took a look at Maddie's outfit, "come one in. We are just waiting for you to sing happy birthday."

As she walked inside of the house and towards the dining room, the blonde saw very familiar faces, Maddy, Kat, BB, and Lexi sat around the table.

"Heeey," Maddy pulled her into a hug, "you look so fucking good!"

"So do you!" Madelyn took a good look at Maddy's outfit. "Happy Birthday!" She hugged Maddy one more time, handing Maddy a small black bag.

As Maddy sat down, Madelyn walked up to BB, standing next to her friend as Suze turned off the lights. On the other side of the dining room Lexi stood by Kat, and the latter had her phone in her hand. When she first entered the house Madelyn had been very uncomfortable, the girl wished Maddy's party had been at anyone else's house, but seeing how happy her best friend looked made her feel better. As a faint light shone in the end of the highway as the girls started singing happy birthday to the latina, Cassie walked down the hall with a large sheet cake with 18 candles on top. Madelyn can see the tears forming in her friend's eyes as Cassie laid the cake in front of her. The cake had a picture of Maddy on top, a picture Madelyn and Cassie had taken of their dark haired friend in front of Maddie's car.

The blonde girl remembered that day as if it was yesterday, winter break had just started and the three friends wanted nothing more than to just enjoy themselves. Maddie had gone to Fezco, where the picture was taken, bought them weed, and they had spent most of their day dancing in Cassie's room, laughing as if nothing else mattered.