CINCO

Madelyn felt like she was sinking

     Madelyn felt like she was sinking. After Maddy's birthday and Cal leaving she was left confused and heartbroken. She felt horrible about lying to Maddy about Cassie and Nate's situation, and as much as she wanted to hate Nate, she couldn't, especially after what Cal had told his son before he left. So to avoid any conflicts or just to avoid the people that were always on her mind, the blonde decided to avoid everyone. She had succeeded on Saturday and Sunday morning, but as she mentally prepared to go to Lexi's house Maddy texted her, not giving her an option but to go out with her, and that's how Madelyn found herself driving Maddy around.

     "Okay, I'm confused. Where am I taking you?" Madelyn looked at the Latina on her passenger's seat.

     "We are going to get me a birthday gift. You can turn right here," Maddy told her friend.

     "No offense, but I already got a Tiffany necklace for your birthday. Do I need to give you something else?" Madelyn asked, so distracted she did not even notice they were in a known neighborhood.

     "Okay so, we are getting a symbol of our friendship. Now pull over there," Maddy pointed.

     As Madelyn pulled over she recognized the convenience store she always drove too, and she couldn't be more confused. "Are you getting me Friendship Weed?" The Harris girl asked.

     The dark eyed girl laughed and jumped out of the car, "of course not." As she walked into the store looking around, clearly looking for someone, while Maddie followed her, "Ashtray, are you here?"

     "Yo! In the back!" Maddie heard the boy screaming from the fake freezer door.

     The Perez girl went first, opening the freezer door, and walking in. Walking in the freezer, the blonde saw Ashtray, preparing his ink and tattoo machine.

     "So what are we doing here?" Madelyn asked, looking between Maddy and Ash.

     "We are getting matching tattoos!" Maddy shouted happily, hugging her best friend.

     Maddie looked at her friend, trying to come up with words to say, and reasons why matching tattoos were a bad idea. But when she looked at the dark haired girl, she couldn't say no, she loved Maddy and she just wanted to make her happy.

     "Alright. What is your idea?" Maddie asked her friend.

     "We can each get an M on our underboob. This way, even if an apocalypse happens and we are not friends anymore it's just our initials," Maddy explained.

     Madelyn looked at her friend and smiled widely, "I actually really like this idea."

     "So who's goin' first?" Ash asked, looking at the two best friends.

     "Me! I will puke if I have to wait another second to get this tattoo," Maddy said, laying down and taking her shirt off. The plan was for them to get the matching tattoos under their boobs, Madelyn's on the right, and Maddy on the left. While Maddy was getting hers done Madelyn held her hand, and hoped the pain wouldn't be bad.