"Damn girl. Where did you learn that? I've never even heard of them." He whispers, his eyebrows halfway up his forehead. I shrug.

"I stumbled across one of her pieces in a gallery in London and became a little bit obsessed if I'm being honest. If I could paint, I'd want to do what she did."

"So you like ink...huh?" He smirks now and my cheeks turn red. He couldn't possibly know about what happened. "I'm not going to tell anyone, I just see the way you look at him." My lips part and I don't know what to say. "He looks at you the same way," Luke says, smiling genuinely.

"He doesn't," I look down.

"What makes you think that?"

"He and I...kissed yesterday. He kissed me. This morning, he didn't say a word. We even had a class together." Luke looks apologetic, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and I lean into him.

"It's alright. He'll get there."

After class ends, Luke drives me home and I wave to him as my phone rings, walking into my bedroom. Kiki. I answer immediately and lay back down on my bed, holding the phone up to my ear.

"Hey girl, what's up?"

"I'm actually glad you rang. I have something that I need to say." I tell her nervously while playing with my hair.

"Yeah? You okay?"

"Not really. I kinda...kissed Maddox yesterday and now he's ignoring me and I don't know what to do."

"You what? When? Oh my god. No, Rory, I didn't even know that you guys"

"At the beach. What do I do? It was my first kiss, and it was so amazing―"

"Aurora stop. I'm going to say something, and you won't like it, but you need to listen to me."

"You're frightening me."

"Maddox is a full-blown player. He's the type of guy that sleeps with a different girl every night. He doesn't date."

"But...really?"

"Aurora I'm so sorry. I wish I knew before... I would've told you sooner."

My heart drops in my chest. So the kiss probably meant nothing to him? Was I just some plaything to pass the time for him? "Thank you for telling me." I manage to get out over the lump in my throat.

"I'm gonna come over okay? I'll be there soon."

I just nod, forgetting that she can't see me before hanging up. Kiki shows up after thirty minutes and lets herself in, jumping onto my bed with me and giving me a big hug. I don't cry. "Girl, I'm so sorry. He's just...the kind of guy that your parents warn you about." I nod in understanding. "Hey, I have an idea." She says, jumping up from beside me excitedly. "Let's go out. There's a frat party that I know of, and I doubt the soccer boys will be there."

I think about it. Parties don't really seem like my thing so far, but I do want to distract myself, plus Kiki seems excited about it so I agree. She immediately goes into my closet but comes out frowning. "Girl, I'm sorry, but you can't wear any of this." I frown in mock hurt but laugh. "Either we need to go shopping, or... Oh! Call Lexi!" She says, gesturing my phone and I surrender it to her. She looks through my contacts for Lexi's number and presses the 'call' button. We wait while it rings but it doesn't take her long to pick up.

"Hey! I'm glad you called!"

"Hey, it's Kiki. Are you two going to that frat party tonight? Delta something."

"I'm not, but Faye and Reece are. Do you want to talk to them, they're here." Lexi asks.

"Okay!"

"Wait!" I interrupt. "I'm having a bad night, and Kiki wants to go to this party, but would you mind if I came over there to hang out with you instead?" I ask Lexi, and turn to face Kiki. "You could go with Faye and Reece."

"I wouldn't mind at all," Lexi says.

"I don't mind staying in with you tonight," Kiki says, frowning, but I shake my head.

"Lexi's already staying in, and you want to go out. We all win this way." I smile and watch as Kiki rolls her eyes and smiles.

"Okay fine. Could you give me Faye's number and I'll leave you guys to talk?" Kiki asks and Lexi rattles off the number.

"So you're sure? If you have plans I'm really quite fine with staying in alone." I say, not able to simply invite myself over.

"No seriously. I want you to come. It was just going to be Taly and me."

"Okay! So, when should I come over?" I ask excitedly.

"Whenever works. I'm here now."

"I'll ask Chase to drive me in an hour?"

"Perfect. See you soon!" We say goodbye and she hangs up. Kiki is texting Faye now and I go to my closet to get changed into a pair of comfortable cotton shorts and a white tank top. Walking to the opposite end of the hall, I knock on Chase's door.

"Hey, you. Alright?" Chase asks after opening the door.

"Hi. Um, would you be able to drive me to Lexi's in an hour? We're...hanging out?" Chase chuckles and nods.

"Absolutely. Glad to. You busy until then?" He asks me and I shake my head, walking into his room when he gestures for me to. Taking a seat on his bed, he pulls his laptop out and lays it in front of us.

"I think it's time that we call the parents, yeah?" I scrunch my nose and smile, scooting over to sit closer to him so that we both fit on the screen while he rings them on the video chat.