31

I feel the anger sweep through me as soon as I turned to see her with Theo's arms wrapped around her

I feel the anger sweep through me as soon as I turned to see her with Theo's arms wrapped around her. I could tell that she was uncomfortable but he still had his hands on her. And then again with his hand on her leg. I couldn't help but snap at him. She was clearly trying to move away but I knew she was too nice to tell him to fuck off.

I was going to talk to her, but when Chase sat down I knew it wasn't my time. I waited in the pool, watching from afar. This girl already has me so wrapped around her dainty little finger and she has no idea.

Climbing out, I walk over to my towel on the table, deciding that I'd had enough of waiting. I almost walk out of the room when I hear a commotion that catches my attention. A few guys stand around the edge of the pool laughing. My eyes scan the room quickly, resting on Chase's hoodie by my feet. The one that Aurora just had on, but Aurora herself is nowhere in sight.

The guys all look confused suddenly and I look down at the water in front of them, bubbles rising. "Call an ambulance. Anyone." I say quickly and without a second thought, I dive into the water, immediately spotting Aurora's shiny blonde hair reflecting the rays of the underwater lights. She's sinking to the bottom of the deep pool. She struggles as I swim down to her. Suddenly she stops. I grab her waist and kick off from the bottom, pulling her to the surface with me. She isn't breathing.

The guys are freaking out as I surface with Aurora's limp body, her head hanging back. No time to feel anger towards the idiots that did this, I lift her body out of the pool and lay her gently on the ground. Wasting no time, I lean down to listen for breathing. Nothing. I check for a pulse but my hand is shaking. One on top of the other, I place my shaking hands on her chest and start CPR. No response.

Tilting her head back, I pinch her nose closed and seal my mouth over hers. I breathe out, filling her lungs with my air. I try not to panic because that won't help her in this situation at all, only I can. I lay her down again and continue chest compressions.

Halfway through a set, her body tenses and she coughs up water, a lot of it. I lean her up into a sitting position and firmly pat her back. She gasps for breath with watery green eyes and recovers enough to throw her arms around me, sobbing. By this point, we have a crowd around us, and Chase is kneeling on the ground.

I wrap my arms around her and lift up from the ground. Looking at Chase and he nods, letting me take her out and away from the crowd. "I'll meet you at the hospital after I deal with them." He says, nodding his head over to the group of bystanders.

Faye and Kiki look worried but they don't make a move to follow me, knowing expressions on their faces. I grab her towel and room key from the table with one hand while the other is placed under her ass, holding her up. She doesn't loosen her grip the entire way to the lobby and I glare at anyone who looks in our direction. By the time we get there, she's breathing normally again but her body is shaking excessively.

I sit on one of the chairs in the front of the hotel lobby, not giving a fuck that I'm soaking through the cushion. Aurora is sitting on my lap in the chair, straddling my waist and I don't allow myself to react to our position. Readying myself to carry her out to the ambulance when it arrives.