20

"Hello!" I say cheerily, smiling over at Maddox as I approach

"Hello!" I say cheerily, smiling over at Maddox as I approach. We're in the kitchen with nobody else around because of how early it is. Our class starts at eight and no one in this house ever gets up before nine as far as I'm aware.

Maddox does the chin nod in my direction and I furrow my eyebrows when he doesn't say anything. He scrolls on his phone as he sits and eats cereal, not once looking in my direction. My heart drops and I stand up, put my bag on my shoulder, and walk out of the house.

I walk to campus to clear my head, stopping at the cafe for a tea first. Waiting outside the door to the lecture hall, I sip my tea and think. As far as I was aware, nothing had happened to make Maddox act this way since yesterday. He was the one who initiated the kiss, so why was he the one acting dodgy?

Smiling at the professor as she unlocks the door, I sit in the front row of desks and take out my notebook and pens. While I wait, I take out a book to pass the time. Students filter in, and I focus on my book, not wanting to know whether Maddox is even going to show up to class today. Considering he was awake so early, I imagine he will show up.

I put my book away when the professor clears her throat and begins to speak, going over the assignments and starting her lecture. For once, I'm not fully paying attention as my mind wanders elsewhere. Hopefully, I'll be able to gather myself before my next class, my favorite class.

"Hey, sweetheart." I shake away my thoughts as a dark arm is wrapped around my neck. Luke.

"Hello," I say quietly and he tilts his head to look at me as we walk.

"You okay? You look a little lost?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowing and he pouts his large lips. I smile and nod.

"It's nothing. Excited for class?"

"Hell yeah. Although I'd rather be doing...anything else." He rolls his eyes and pulls me closer to him as we walk to Art History and Visual Culture. Luke tells me a funny story about Chase as we walk into the lecture hall and find seats near the front.

"For the last portion of class, I wanted to discuss some of the most influential Spanish artists of the last century. Not necessarily the most recognized, but the ones who made the biggest impact. There are a few names like Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dali that you may recognize, but what about Lorenzo Savia and Sofia Ramos. These two Spanish abstract artists are most known for...what?" The professor asks and I look around, not seeing one hand up. I raise mine slowly. "Yes, you there." I gulp, suddenly aware of all the attention on me. Probably hundreds of eyes.

"Manipulating the female body through art," I say and she nods.

"Yes. And do you know which medium they each preferred?" The professor asks while looking straight at me. I nod.

"Savia used pastels and charcoal. Ramos used ink and water on watercolor canvases." I answer and she smiles. Luke's eyes are wide and he hits my arm lightly, catching my attention as the professor continues to speak.