17

I pack up my stuff, not bothering to change after ballet and Kiki rushes to catch up with me as I storm out

I pack up my stuff, not bothering to change after ballet and Kiki rushes to catch up with me as I storm out. "Rory, wait!" She shouts, running up to me and I slow down slightly to wait for her. Looking at me with sympathy, she puts her arm around my shoulder. "Look, I know what happened in there was bad, but do you really want to walk home like this?" She asks, gesturing to my long-sleeved black leotard, tights and sheer wrap skirt.

"I took off my pointe shoes," I grumble, shouldering my bag and walking off in the direction of the house with Kiki beside me. Today in ballet, Madame Liroux decided to put the spotlight on me and have me perform a demonstration at the front of the class after multiple attempts to change her mind because I didn't feel well. I was so nervous that I got dizzy and fell, and she had the audacity to make me feel bad for it. Anger isn't a typical emotion for me, but I wasn't quite ready to let it go just yet.

Hearing a loud whistle come from behind us, I turn my head curiously. A group of guys wearing American football jerseys are gathered in a group, watching us walk away from them and one of them cups his hands around his mouth to project his voice. "Hey baby, I want a dance!"

"Ignore them." Kiki rolls her eyes and puts her hand on my arm to keep me walking.

"Why were they doing that?" I ask her, confused.

She sighs. "Aurora. You're a pretty girl, and when animals like them see pretty girls wearing what you're wearing, it drives them crazy. To the point where they think they can say anything and get away with it." Looking down at my attire, I guess I am showing quite a bit of skin. Quickly beginning to feel slightly uncomfortable, I wrap my arms around myself and nod in understanding.

The two of us continue walking until we make it to the house and I let us both in, waving to the boys in the tv room. I notice them all wearing shorts and tank tops. Probably because the weather today is blisteringly hot. Wearing my long sleeve leotard hadn't been my best choice today. "Hey Ror, you dance?" I hear Theo ask as we pass the living room, stopping me from going upstairs. I make eye contact with Maddox from across the room and his eyes roam all over me, from my chest to my legs. "Um yeah," I answer with a gulp, looking at Theo now. He elbows another guy I don't recognize.

"What do you think about the horizontal tango." He asks and I tilt my head to the side in confusion. I've never even heard of that. A few guys laugh and Maddox gets up to smack him across the back of his head. Kiki laughs and I try not to giggle.

"Dickhead." I hear Maddox mutter and my eyes widen, my eyes on him as he sits back down. I turn around slowly, tearing my eyes off of him and follow Kiki up the stairs to my bedroom.

"God, I hate guys sometimes," Kiki mutters, sprawling out on my bed. I go into my closet and change into a thin floral sundress before laying down next to her on top of the covers. As Kiki shows me something funny on her phone, Chase comes into my room and smiles at us.