Christmas Bonus Chapter

"Not yet," Maddox mumbles into the knitted fabric of my sweater

"Not yet," Maddox mumbles into the knitted fabric of my sweater. His arms tighten around my waist and I purse my lips, holding back a smile even though he can't see me. I stop trying to get up from our position in which we lay on the couch, placing my much smaller hand over his.

"We have got to go if we want to be on time," I say softly.

"I don't give a shit about being on time." He replies, but his harsh words are carried with a soft tone.

"My brother will not be happy with you, keeping me all to yourself," I say, trying to play the brother card, knowing Maddox's loyalty to Chase, but unsurprisingly, he continues to clutch me against him, using his strength to keep me in place. "On Christmas Eve, no less," I add.

"He can wait."

"You're such a teddy bear," I say, knowing that it bugs him but he just rolls his eyes and holds me tighter, his face nuzzling into the skin of my neck. "Adorable." I tack on and he chuckles.

"I like this top." He says, his nose dragging down over my collarbone and lower...

"Yeah, I'll bet you do," I say, arching my back to sit up, accidentally stretching my top even lower as the hem gets caught between us. As expected, Maddox's piercing grey eyes dart down and he smirks up at me. I stick my tongue out at him and he rolls those magnificent eyes of his. "You're staring." I point out with a blush on my cheeks that I can feel growing stronger.

"Yeah. And?"

"Some would consider that rude." I point out.

"Mhmm." He looks back up, challenging me with his eyes and my smile grows until he surprises me by flipping me over, pinning me beneath him instead of in my comfortable position on top of him that I held moments ago. I squeal as he digs his fingers into my sides, lowering his body down to put even more weight on me, preventing me from fighting back too much but drawing out even more laughter from me with the pressure.

"Stop being so cute." He says when he stops, the smile that he only gives to me makes an appearance on his handsome face. I grin, eyes lighting up as I move my hands up to his face, cupping his rough cheeks that he shaved only yesterday.

"Only if you promise to never tickle me again," I say with mock seriousness.

"Never happening. I'm not funny enough to make you laugh like that on a regular basis." He says and I pout.

"You're plenty funny," I say and he gives me an unimpressed look. "Sarcasm is funny." I try.

"Alright, let's go, Aurora. Your brother's waiting." He says as if he's the one that's been trying to get the two of us out the door this whole time, but Maddox doesn't move a muscle. I try squirming, but he still doesn't budge. "Come on, Princess. You'll make us late." His eyes are light and he's trying not to smile. I love it when he's playful like this.