42

After telling Maddox the reason why I overreacted earlier, I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and off of my chest

After telling Maddox the reason why I overreacted earlier, I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and off of my chest. I'm lighter, no longer having to hold the burden of my memories alone, and I trust Maddox to keep my secret.

Never has anyone before protected me the way Maddox does, besides Chase. It's like he feels the need to stop anything that has the potential to harm me from even coming near me. He stops these things before they happen, acting as the filter between me and the dark aspects of life.

And I love how different we are. If you look at Maddox and I side by side, we look like polar opposites, me with my fair skin, light blonde hair and bright clothing, and Maddox with his tanned olive skin covered in black tattoos, dark hair, and dark clothes. But even when you compare our personalities, I'm innocent whereas Maddox is temptation personified. Adonis reincarnate.

The object of my affections is currently asleep in my bed, on top of the covers, still in his black jeans which are tight against his large, powerful thighs. I admire his physique from my position on the bed beside him, propped up on my elbow to see more of him. I get up and walk around to his side of the bed, unbuttoning his jeans and pulling them off by the ankles, trying to get him more comfortable.

"If you wanted me to undress, Princess, you could've just asked." I hear Maddox mumble from above me when his pants are halfway off and around his knees. I blush and roll my eyes, letting go of his pants to let him do it himself.

"I didn't say I wanted you to stop. You'll need the practice." Maddox says cheekily and winks at me. I bite my lips but walk back over to Maddox who is now propped up with his hands under his head and his permanent smirk etched into his face. Once again, I grab his pant legs and yank on them. They don't come off easily so I grab the waistband and pull them off so that they turn inside out.

"Might need help with the shirt too, baby." I stay silent and hope that he doesn't notice the blush spreading from my cheeks to the entirety of my face from him calling me baby. I sit on my side of the bed, beside Maddox, and reach for the hem of his black t-shirt with shaking hands.

I can't help but gawk as I always do when I see his bare chest. He laughs which causes the muscles in his abdomen to tighten deliciously and I lick my lips. "If you keep looking at me like that I'll be forced to throw you down on this bed and take you right here, Princess." My eyes widen at his sensual teasing and I look into his eyes, unfortunately being forced to tear mine away from his drool-worthy anatomy.

I climb off the bed, just barely escaping Maddox's grip as he reaches for me and I giggle as I walk into my closet, wanting to change after the long day at school and with everything that happened afterwards. I slip on a big white t-shirt and a pair of long white socks, smiling to myself at the intended result.

Replacing my smile with what I hope looks like an innocent expression as I walk out, I look at Maddox to gauge his reaction. As expected, his eyes roam down my body, lingering on the top of the white socks where they meet the pale skin of my thighs. I walk slowly to Maddox, less to be a tease, and more because he makes me nervous.