Chapter Twenty Five ~ April

"I really don't want to go," Sav moans as I pin my hair up.

"Me neither!" Zara agrees.

"Girls. You are both doing fantastic," I retort, turning back to face them. "It's time to rub it in people's faces."

"I'm in a job I hate. I'm knocked up. And single," Sav replies as Zara giggles.

"But you look beautiful!" I point out.

"Becky!" she whines.

"We're going to this reunion!" I argue. "So hush! Both of you!"

"I preferred her when she wasn't our friend!" Zara mutters, a smirk on her face.

"Me too!"

"Shut up!" I squeal, knowing that they're deliberately trying to wind me up. "You two would be lost without me!"

"How's the dress for Alice coming, Bec?" Sav asks as I continue with my hair, not looking forward to this high school evening one bit.

"It's hard," I admit. "But I think it's alright! She wants gold, which is the hardest color to work with."

"It is?" Zara says, standing up and smoothing her dress down.

"You've got to make sure it hits the light right and doesn't end up looking yellow," I explain.

"I'm sure you'll smash it, Becky!" Sav assures me.

"This is Alice Winters," I remind her. "If I get this right it could open my business to all the A-Listers!"

"You'll get it right!"

"You definitely will," Sav agrees with Zara.

"I appreciate your support." I smile before turning to face them. "How do I look?" I place my hands on my hips.

"Gorgeous!"

"Likewise," I reply to Zara.

"Really?" Zara raises an eyebrow. "I feel like a candy cane!"

"Stripes are in at the moment, Zara," I point out, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "And green and white suits you."

"At least you aren't trying to hide a stomach," Sav pipes up, scowling at herself in the mirror.

"Really, Sav?" Zara raises an eyebrow. "Look at you! Many women would kill to have a bump as small as yours right now!"

"I know but I just look slightly fat! You can't even tell that I'm pregnant."

"I can't deal with this," I exclaim, throwing my hands up. "The dress I made you hides it anyway."

"I know, Bec!" Sav smiles, grabbing hold of me and pulling me in for a hug. "I love it."

"You two really do test my patience!"

"You love us though." Zara giggles and I roll my eyes, picking up my silver clutch from the side.

"Let's go!" I grin before heading out of the room, both friends in tow.

*~*~*

Stepping into the crowded hall, I instantly grimace at the sight of the familiar faces I thought I'd left in my past.

"Why did we decide to come here?" Zara asks, and I follow her gaze towards the red haired boy standing with the old art students.

"Is that Sam?" Sav asks, pointing at Zara's old boyfriend.

"Yep," Zara confirms, nodding as she grimaces.

"He looks good."

"Becky!" Sav hisses and I immediately curse myself for being insensitive. Only too often do I say or do things without thinking them through.