Chapter Twenty Eight ~ May

I take a deep breath in before reaching for the garment bag zipper. My heart is in my throat, nausea threatening to break loose at any moment. I'm petrified, even more so than when Savannah threatened to take alcohol away for an entire month, more than when I cycled my bike down Raymond hill and the brakes failed.

Grabbing the metal zip, I yank it open without another thought, exposing the dress, and myself, into the open for the first time. Alice gasps from behind me and I squeeze my eyes shut. Fuck.

"Oh my God!" Alice exclaims.

"It's okay," I babble quickly. "We still have enough time for me to start over. What is it that you don't like?"

"What?" She looks at me quizzically as I turn to face her. "Becky, you idiot. I love it!"

"You... you do?" I'm speechless, my mouth dropping open in shock. She... she loves it?

"Yes!" she exclaims. "I have to try it on. Right. Now!"

"Okay." I grin, joy practically making me explode from within, my chest tightening in the good way, unable to stop the smile from owning my face. I did it. I made a dress for someone, and they actually like it. Hell, they love it! Watch out Milan, Becky Gordon is here for fashion week 2029.

"Wow! Look at the diamonds around the waistband!"

"You like them? I thought it added an extra something." I smile, and Alice nods.

"It's perfect!" she exclaims. "Thank you so much, Becky! You've made my entire year with this."

I. Made. Her. Entire. Year.

I think I might just faint.

*~*~*

"Sav?" I step out of my bedroom, bag hiked over my shoulder. I could have sworn I just heard my best friend come home, yet the living room is empty.

"Yeah?" Her small voice replies before she appears in her bedroom doorway, already in her pyjamas. "Wow!" she exclaims, eyes scanning over my entire outfit. I grin, knowing that the black halterneck top and denim skirt work well. It's the common 'jeans and a nice top' combo, except with better access for the men I entertain.

"Thanks babe!" I say. "I'm heading out!"

"With Ellis?" She smirks, and I roll my eyes at the accuracy.

"Maybe!"

"Have fun." She smiles.

"Thanks!" I grin. "What are you going to do?"

"I'm thinking a date night with Netflix," Sav replies, and I shake my head. I mean, it kind of sounds like a good plan. Maybe an extra little addition might enhance her night further though.

"Why don't you message Brett? Get yourself some chill to go with it!" I suggest with a cheeky grin. She rolls her eyes, a slight sparkle in them from my words. See, I knew my best friend was a sneaky little devil at heart.

"Goodbye, Becky."

"Bye!" I sing before making my way to the door. With a quick wave, I pull the door open and step out of the apartment, walking over towards the stairs.

Ever since I admitted what happened to Ellis a week ago, it's been different, almost as though a veil has been lifted from his eyes. He begged me for over half an hour to tell him the names of the boys involved, but I couldn't tell him anything more than the color of their hair.

Ellis was adamant that it wasn't my fault what happened, and that the guys should have paid for what they did. I'm not so sure. For all I know, I said yes to each and every one of them when I was drunk.