Xiumin ft. D.O - More Than He (Cute, slight angst)

Imagine....

You are sitting in class after having just arrived. You are just finished unpacking all the stuff you'll need when D.O walks in and sits in his assigned seat, which is conviently located next to yours.

"Annyeong, (your name here)," he says with his usual friendly smile on.

"Hi," you reply, feeling rather apprehensive.

You have had this huge crush on D.O since you can remember. He always acted so nice towards you ever since the first day you met, which is why you started liking him in the first place. The only bad thing about having a crush on him to you was the fact that he liked someone else.

You knew the girl he liked, but you wouldn't exactly call her one of your friends. She was really pretty and smart, so you could see why he'd like her, but it was still hard. You often wondered what she had that you didn't, but you never bothered actually thinking about it. You knew that he would like you like that, so you just kept those feelings in and tried to act satisfied with the way things were.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That same day after school, you decide to stay a little late to get some studying in since you have a big biology test next week.

"I seriously don't know how you manage to study this much," a familiar voice says from in front of you. You look up to see Xiumin wave at you as he sits down in a chair across from you.

"Oh hey Xiumin," you say with a smile and slightly red cheeks. "I don't like it very much, but I have to if I want to pass this test."

"I guess you're right," he says, nodding and sighing lightly. "So have you...uh...talked to D.O lately?" he asks suddenly, making you furrow your eyebrows in confusion for a few seconds.

"Um...yeah I did this morning," you answer. "But it was nothing special. Just small talk really." Xiumin just nods his head without making eye contact with you. "Wae?"

"Just because I was wondering if he told you that he was finally going to ask that girl he likes out," he says. "I figured you two were friends, so I thought that he might tell you."

"No," you say, praying that the tears forming in your eyes will stay there. "No, he didn't."

"Oh," Xiumin says, sensing that something is wrong. "I guess you really liked him, huh?" His question brings your previously lowered head back up. Although you wonder how he knew, you just let out a sigh and nod your head in response.

"Yeah, I did, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be," you say, faking a smile. He goes silent for a little bit, so you figure he has dropped the subject and just go back to studying.

"I know I might be as smart or as attractive as he is," Xiumin starts, making you raise your head once again, "but I do really like you, (your name here). And I know that you might not like me like that right now, but I promise that if you give me a chance, I will love you more than he ever could."

Xiumin's sudden confession catches you completely off guard, so you just look at him with a blank expression on your face. You've always thought of Xiumin as your friend and nothing more, but you never knew he felt that way about you. He was usually nice to you and you two had made some happy memories over the few years that you had known each other. He would make a perfect boyfriend, but you just didn't know if that meant for you or not.

But you decide to give him a shot.

"Okay," you say to him, a faint smile painted across your lips. He smiles too and then he takes both of your hands in his before leaning across the table to capture your lips in a kiss.