"I think we have different definitions of what fun is." I scoff, and he smirks, sliding the glass across to me.

"Drink up." He grins, lifting his own and clinking it against mine. "On three?" he asks and I nod with a grimace.

"On three," I agree.

"One, two..." I don't let him finish before I pour the liquid down my throat, pulling a face at the disgusting burn as he laughs, before slinging his own down his throat.

"We're not doing gin again." I shake my head at him as he pulls a similar, disgusted face when the liquid burns him.

*~*~*

"Alright, alright!" I mutter as Ellis continues to laugh at my story, both of us propped up next to the bar, five gin shots down and exchanging life stories.

"You're telling me that because you couldn't decide which guy you liked better, you took them both home?"

"Do you have a better idea?" I scoff. "Tell me you wouldn't do the same with two girls!"

"Fair point. You've got me there." Ellis smirks. "But if two girls started making out in my home I'd probably entertain the idea, not throw them out."

"I'm not surprised." I laugh. "Unlike you, I prefer one partner at a time. They wanted each other so I kicked them out of my apartment and dove into my closet for the next best thing."

"Your vibrator?"

"Maybe," I reply, shrugging as he laughs.

"What color is it?"

"I'm not telling you that!" I exclaim. "Fuck off!"

"I didn't mean-"

"No man gets to see it," I retort.

"You never let a man use it on you?" Ellis asks, cocking an eyebrow.

"Why would I do that?" I shrug. "When I have sex, I like to be in control."

"Interesting." Ellis smirks. "Every time?"

"Every fucking time," I confirm. "They're only there because I want to have sex, no other reason. It's always going to be on my terms."

"We'll see."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Maybe if the right guy came along-"

"There is no right guy, Ellis." I cut him off, shaking my head. "You're all the same."

"I beg to differ!"

"As I've always said, you can beg all you like." I smirk. "You and I." I gesture between us. "Never, ever going to happen."

"Just when I think I'm wearing you down..." Ellis sighs, a playful look on his face as I laugh.

"You may as well give up." I shrug. "Now though, did you notice the group of people who entered five minutes ago?" I ask, my eyes firmly on Ellis as he grins.

"Five girls, and four boys?" he asks and I nod. "None of them seem to be together."

"There's one couple," I correct him, his eyebrows furrowing before he glances around, finally spotting the couple holding hands. "Come on, Wakefield, your skills are slipping."

"They are not!" he defends, looking back towards me.

"How you talk girls into bed will always be a mystery to me." I scoff, smirking as outrage fills his face.

"Hey!" he exclaims. "I was close to getting you there once."

At his words, my face falls, his eyes widening as soon as he realizes what he's said. Taking a deep breath, I force a smirk onto my face. "It's lucky I came to my senses."