Chapter 20: What in the name of fudge is the 'bro code'?

Chapter 20: What in the name of fudge is the ‘bro code’?

“Oh by the way, Zach and I ordered-”

Seth stops midsentence as he comes in my room and sees Jay and me in this very close position.

The kiss had stopped but he was still cupping my cheek with his hand and my arms still around you.

He clears his throat and steps away to make space between us.

“Uh, you what?” I ask.

He smirks at us, “I’m more interested in what was happening up here.”

I glance at Jay, “Nothing was happening up here, we were just talking.”

“Uh huh.” Seth still has the smirk on his face as he leans against the doorframe.

Jay sighs, “We kissed. Are you happy now?”

Seth sighs in relief, “Finally. Oi Zach! The lovers made up! Or should I say, made out.” He calls to Zach.

I hear the footsteps and Zach pokes his head in, “No way!”

I look at Jay, “Now look what you’ve done!”

“Wait,” Seth says, suddenly pouting, “Now I’m the only one who hasn’t kissed Hazel. I think it’s my turn.” He smirks and starts heading towards me.

I start walking backwards, “Seth I-”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa.” Jay stands in front of me, “Bro code man.”

What in the name of fudge is the ‘bro code’?

“Yeah but you’re not actually dating.” Zach pipes in, he then gives us a look, “Are you?”

Jay gives me a look but before we can reply the doorbell rings.

“Oh that will be the pizza. Got any cash Hazel?” Seth asks.

Jay frowns, “You ordered pizza?”

“And you expect me to pay?” I add.

Seth looks around, “Well…”

“Ugh, fine.” I say and go grab my purse before going down to the door.

I pay for them, that’s right, them, and then put them in the living room.

“The pizza is down here!” I shout, realising the guys are still in my room.

>Jay’s POV<

“Ugh, fine.” Hazel says and grabs her purse before walking out of her room.

“Dude.” Zach says, moving into the room.

Dude.” Seth says more emphasised.

“Yeah, yeah.” I say, “But don’t bring up the dating.”

“Why not?” Zach asks.

“Because, we haven’t even talked about it or anything.”

“Do you want to date her?” Seth asks.

I run a hand through my hair, “I don’t know. Look, don’t you realise how much danger she could be in if we do go out? Robert has already warned me and we don’t know where the hell she was last night. Once he realises I’m with her I’m going to have something to lose and he’s going to have even more reason to go after her.” I finish.

“I feel like you’re just making excuses.” Zach says.

“Yeah, since when has stupid Robert stopped you from doing anything? Plus if you really like the girl nothing should be stopping you man.” Seth adds.