Chapter 33: Ready for anything I was going to throw it at. Or anyone that is.

>Jay's POV<

It was the first time since they took Hazel that I had some time to myself.

We were back at my house, the guys and Lexi were in the kitchen organising some things.

We had gotten information but I feel like we're not any closer to finding her. Robert is back anytime now and who knows what will happen.

I feel like I've failed already.

I shake my head, dismissing that thought as quickly as it came.

There's no way I'm letting anything happen to her, I'm going to find her bring her home.

A sudden knock on the door awakens my attention.

I look to the guys in the kitchen and they all shrug.

I frown and stand up to answer it.

Opening the door, the last person I expected was standing there, looking pretty impatient.

"Mae?" I frown at her, she looks at me with a certain hope.

"Hi Jay, is Hazel here? I went to her house but she's gone apparently." She says, I can't get past the desperation in her eyes.

I cross my arms over my chest, "What is it that you want with her?"

She sighs in frustration, "Please Jay, is she here or not?"

I sigh in defeat, she's obviously in no mood to talk, "No, she's not."

She looks around, flustered. In fact, she starts to look a little ill.

"Mae? Are you okay?" I ask.

"I-I don't-"

She can't finish as she starts to lose her balance. My reaction is to reach out and grab her before she falls.

I hear someone come behind me, "What's going on?" I hear Lexi ask.

She notices me holding an almost passed out Mae and her eyes widen, "Quick, bring her inside, she needs to lie down."

I pick her up and take her to the couch, laying her down.

Lexi comes in with a damp towel and starts dabbing Mae's forehead with it.

She seems to come to a little, and Zach and Seth stand at the doorway.

"Feeling better?" Lexi asks.

Mae nods and motions to sit up.

"Slowly." Lexi says and helps her.

Mae takes the towel from Lexi and sighs before looking at me.

"Hazel seems to trust you a lot, and she's not here right now so you're the best bet I've got." She says.

I frown, "What do you mean?"

She looks at me with a pleading expression, "I need your help."

*Hazel's POV*

When I got back to my room- or got thrown back in my room I should say- I knew there wasn't much time to sit and dawdle.

I didn't want to believe what Roman was telling me, especially when he talks so much smack all the time, but I did have to take it in to consideration.