Chapter 19: But what happened?

“Please leave me alone.” I say and push up on to my knees, I wipe away some of my tears and look up to a smirking Roman.

“See, I would,” He says, “But it looks like someone needs my help.”

I stand up, “I don’t need help from anyone, especially you.”

He pouts, “Aw, come on. I’m not going to hurt you, I swear. I’m not that kind of guy cupcake.”

I give him a look, “Yeah, sure.” I reply sarcastically.

He sighs, “Alright, since you’re not working with me here I’ll be right back. I’m trying to help you Hazel, stay right here.”

I don’t know whether it was because I didn’t want anyone to see me like this, crash into Jay, or just because stupid Roman actually said my name, but I just stayed where I was, leaning against the wall and taking a deep breath.

What is up with Jay? One minute he’s trying to kiss me, next he’s snapping at me, then he’s freaking making out with another girl, which happens to be Courtney, which is even worse.

He didn’t even come after me.

I see Roman coming back with a damp hand towel, “Here,” He says, “This will clean you up a bit.”

He moves like he’s going to wipe my eyes, but then I see something in him change and he puts it over my mouth, I go to scream but when I do I inhale and then everything goes black.

>Jay’s POV<

I get out of the spa and don’t worry about my dry clothes, running in my swimming trunks, I try to run after Hazel.

People are freaking everywhere, it takes me longer than it should to find the stairs. I look down the halls, there’s so many of them, she could have gone down any one.

I run a hand through my still dry hair and hit my fist against the wall.

What have I done?

She looked so torn when she saw me, so sad, so disappointed.

So hurt.

All because of me, because of my stupid actions.

“Dude there you are.” I hear voices.

“Are you okay?”

I look up to see Seth and Zach coming down the hall.

I bang my head on the wall, “I stuffed up, I stuffed it all up.”

“Stuffed what up?” Seth asks.

“Hazel.” Is all I reply.

“Oh yeah, have you seen her? This stupid idiot was supposed to keep watching her but he got caught up.” Zach gives Seth a look.

“Wait, you mean you don’t know where she is, right now?” I ask, stepping away from the wall.

“Well, we’re all here and she’s not so…” Seth drags.

“We need to find her.” I say and start walking down the halls.

“Dude, what’s going on?” Zach asks.

I turn around and face them, “Just find her, when one of you do text me, I’m going to get my phone.”

They just nod and start walking down the halls.

If anything happens I swear shit’s going to go down.

*Hazel’s POV*