Chapter 29: I was expecting cement walls and metal bars if I'm honest.

I slowly open my eyes to darkness.

Even though I was sure I'd been out for a couple of hours, I still felt tired and weak.

I was surprised to find myself in a bed; my eyes adjust to the surroundings and see I'm in a normal-looking room.

I can't help but think about the situation I was in last time at the party, this seems to be suspiciously like it.

I sit up and let my lightheadedness pass before I stand up.

Walking to the door, I go to open it, but find that it's locked.

Of course it is.

Just as I'm about to walk away I hear muffled voices behind the door, move near the slight gap and put my ear against it, noticing both of the voices were male.

"Robert said he's been delayed, won't get here until tomorrow at the earliest."

"What are we supposed to do with her then? The guys from the other gang know we've got her, they'll start looking for her."

"They don't know our location, it'll take them a while to figure it out, if at all."

There are footsteps before a female voice speaks up, "Let us through."

"No one's allowed in."

"Robert gave us permission to check on her."

One of the guys sigh before more shuffling is heard.

I quickly step away and get under the covers of my bed, facing away from the door.

I hear it open and I close my eyes, pretending to be asleep.

The footsteps get closer and the door closes.

"She can't still be knocked out." One of the girls say.

"Lets just see if we can wake her up."

I feel a hand move to my shoulder and I flinch, causing me to move over and fall off the bed and onto the hard floor.

"Ouch." I mumble.

"Are you okay?" Someone asks.

I look up and see two familiar faces looking down at me.

One of them, Marilee, I remember because it was her house that Sam took me to after I got pushed in the lake.

I sit up and brush off my arms, "I'm fine."

"You're still in your dress." Marilee says.

I look down and notice that my lovely black dress is now battered and torn.

The other girl frowns, "If you can call it a dress."

Marilee gives the girl a look, "Adele."

Her name rings a bell and I remember her better now.

Adele shrugs, "Sorry."

Marilee shakes her head and look at me, "You may want to take a shower, clean your face and hair and everything."

I glare at them, "So I've been kidnapped but I still get special treatment? That doesn't sound very gang-like to me."

"We're not in the gang." Adele says.

I frown, "What?"

Marilee sighs, "We'll explain later, you need to get cleaned up."

She holds out a hand to help me up but I get myself up, it's then when I look at my hands that I'm realising I'm missing something, I scan the room anxiously.