Chapter 27: Everyone's dancing around like an old-style movie.

Lexi pins the final lock into place in my hair.

"All done." She smiles.

"Can I look now?" I ask.

She nods, "Go ahead."

I walk to the mirror and gasp a little when I see the reflection.

The dress looked beautiful, the hair was expertly placed, with it all being curled and then pinned into a bun with a few pieces coming down the sides of my face, and my makeup was smoky, to match the dress perfectly.

The blood red lipstick I had one really stood out at it was the only splash of colour on my face.

It was perfect.

"You did an amazing job Lexi." I say.

"Thanks! Now just one final thing." She says.

I'm too busy studying myself in the mirror to see what she's doing, "What's that?"

"I don't know where or how you got this in the amount of time you had but it's absolutely beautiful."

I look to her and see her holding the mask.

"Oh, my dad found it up in the attic somewhere." I reply.

"Well, it's perfect for your dress. Come on, it's time." She says.

Lexi looked gorgeous herself, a deep blue silky dress that hugged her shape nicely, her hair fell down in curls and her mask was the same colour blue with diamantes around it.

I take the mask from her hands and turn around to hold it to my face as she ties it at the back.

"Alright, now lets go." She says.

We grab our clutches and make our way down the stairs.

"Girls, you both look lovely." Dad says at the bottom.

Uncle Steve is there too, he gives us a smile.

We smile back at them, "Thank you." Lexi replies.

I kiss them both on the cheek, "We won't be home too late."

"Alright, love you Caterpillar." Dad says to me.

I give him a smile, "Love you too dad."

We wave as we exit and make our way to the hall.

When we get there the entrance is stunning.

There is always a girls entrance and a boys entrance on different sides, as we're not allowed to see each other until we are called.

It's tradition that the guys move into the hall first and wait for their partner to be called and the girls make a large entrance down the stairs.

Cliché, I know.

We go into the building and up the stairs to our set room. Up there, there's a lot of girls and I see pretty much all of the cheer team up here too.

Lucy sees me and comes over, she's wearing a lovely purple colour that compliments her skin tone, her mask matches it too.

"Wow, Hazel if I wasn't the one to show you that dress I wouldn't even recognise you!"

I smile at her, "You look amazing Lucy."

She returns it, "Thanks Hazel."

Lucy and Lexi compliment each other and then it's time to go.

We are put into an order and I'm glad I'm just after Lexi.