Chapter 10: Actually, last time I checked, he was my boyfriend.

 "Would you guys stop? You're making a scene." I whisper and keep my head down, trained on the table in the booth we're sitting in.

The guys are trying to muck up each other's hair and see who's they can get the weirdest.

Even though it's hilarious to watch, people around us are starting to give us looks and I really don't want to be kicked out of a diner.

Zach smirks at me, "Maybe if we tried to mess up your hair, you wouldn't care about making a scene."

He starts to reach his hand out, but I grab it and keep it at a safe distance away.

"Don't you know never to touch a girl's hair?" I ask.

"What happens if we do?" Jay asks back.

Oh, is he really going there?

"Some people believe I'm a descendent of the devil when I'm mad." I reply.

"Now that I want to see one day." Seth smirks.

I smile sweetly at him, "And maybe you will, but that won't be today."

The waitress comes over plonks my food down, causing some of the tomato sauce from my chips to splash on me.

As she puts down Jay's meal, I notice that she bends over a little too much just to place down some food, giving Jay a good view of her cleavage.

If he was looking that is.

Instead he's handing me a serviette and gesturing to the splatters of red that got on my top.

I smile gratefully at him and take the paper from his hand, straightening my top out so I can get all the drops.

The waitress frowns at Jay and moves to Zach, doing the same thing.

But this time, Zach gladly takes the opportunity. I roll my eyes and munch on a chip, the crispy outside breaking away and letting the steaming potato inside melt in my mouth.

"Thanks." I smile at Jay.

"No problem." He replies.

I look over and notice Uncle Steve walk into the diner, he seems like he's searching for someone.

He makes eye contact with me and I wave him over.

"Hey Uncle Steve, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"I was looking for someone, but they mustn't be here yet. Why'd don't you kids go get some ice cream? My treat." He says.

I motion to our meals, "But we haven't-"

"Why eat that when you could have nice cool ice cream?" He interrupts and shoves a twenty-dollar note in my hand.

He then pulls me up and starts leading me to the exit, "Have fun." He says and then disappears somewhere.

Well that was, interesting.

"Weird." Jay says.

I nod, "I know."

Seth shrugs and walks out, "Well I'm up for ice cream."

We follow him out and start walking towards the ice cream parlor, the same one we went to after the fair.

Zach sudden ducks behind Jay, "Hide me." He whispers.

I look over and see Kasey on the other side of the street.