Chapter 1: I don't think my brain has the word 'boyfriend' in its vocabulary.

All copywrite belongs to me.

So no stealing please, thanks! xx

>>|<<

Chapter 1: I don’t think my brain has the word ‘boyfriend’ in its vocabulary.

Life can be miserable.

Some people think their lives are perfect. Perfect family, perfect friends, perfect looks, and perfect boyfriend.

But for me, every one of those things was either non-existent or miserable.

In Primary School, my parents grew out of love and divorced, my mum moved away and I stayed with my dad. I have no friends; no one ever even wanted to get to know me.

As for my looks, I gained weight to the point where I was heavier than my ninety-kilogram dad, I dyed my hair, I had braces, and just to top it off, I was stuck with the most hideous glasses known to man.

So, as you can probably guess, the perfect boyfriend is way off the list. In fact, I don’t even think my brain has the word ‘boyfriend’ in its vocabulary.

As I entered high school, I was bullied and harassed by most of the students, but by one person in particular.

And that persons name is Jaydon Hamilton.

He was the popular guy in school, and he was only year eight! Every guy envied him and every girl swooned for him, I mean I guess it had something to do with the fact that he looked like a sixteen year old supermodel rather than a fourteen year old student.

Oh, and I hated him.

Anyway, my life changed when my mum called me to come live with her to escape that hellhole, not that it made that much of a difference.

So I changed. I lost heaps of weight, my braces came off, I got laser eye surgery, and I let my hair grow into it’s natural colour, which happened to be a gorgeous light brown colour.

When I look at the transformation now, I have to admit, I do look pretty. I grew curves in the right places and had a growth spurt so I stand at about 5’8 now.

The phone ringing catches my attention and I pick it up before it rings out.

“Hello?” I ask.

“Hazel Williams?” A man asks.

“Speaking.” I reply.

“It’s dad.” He says.

A surprised expression comes over my face. I haven’t even spoken to my dad in years.

“Hi dad.” I manage.

“Gosh, you sound so older now. You’re seventeen now right?” He asks.

“Yes, that’s correct.” I reply, nodding even though he can’t see me.

“I have something for you to consider.” He says.

“And what’s that?” I ask.

“Well, you’ve lived with your mum for three years now, and I thought it should be my turn.” He states.

“Where is this going?” I ask suspiciously.

He sighs and the phone rattles a little like he’s switching ears.

“I want you to come live with me.”

I don’t know why I gave him the answer I did. Maybe it was because I missed him, maybe it was because I missed my real home, or maybe it was just because of the tone of his voice.