Chapter 37

Zak repositioned himself so he could sit behind Sara. He scooted back on the rock and carefully brought his legs around her so that she was now seated with her back against him. He brushed her hair to one side and let his lips rest on her neck. The smell of her hair was a heady mix that drove him ever so slightly insane. Forgetting where they were for the moment, he gently kissed the curve of her neck. Sara moaned at the touch of his lips on her skin.

Just then, Gracie barked. Startled, Zak and Sara looked behind them to see a group of people heading up the rocks. Sara looked back at Zak and smiled sexily at him. "To be continued," she purred. He kissed her neck one more time, sucking on it just a little bit.

Zak stood up carefully and then extended his hand to help Sara up from the ground. They dusted themselves off and made sure they hadn't left anything behind, like Zak's backpack or their water bottles. They said "Hello" to the group that was just making their way up onto the rocks.

Gracie led the way back, with Sara following and Zak behind Sara again, watching to make sure she didn't slip. Once safely off the rocks, Zak grabbed Sara's hand to stop her. "Let's take a couple of pics," he said as she turned around. He put his arm around her shoulder, pulling her into him while Sara wrapped one arm around his waist and rested the other hand on his chest. Sara flashed her gorgeous smile, showing off her cheekbones. Zak thought about pursing his lips for the camera, but opted to flash his pearly whites, instead. He snapped a couple of photos and then peeked at them on his phone. "Which one do you like better?"

Sara scrutinized both photos. "I like the first one the best. That's a 'soul smile', Zak. You have your sunglasses on and I can't see your eyes, but I can see by your smile that you are genuinely happy here." It made her happy just to know that even for a few seconds, he was totally in the moment and completely happy.

Zak was at a loss for words. She could read him so easily; it was no wonder he was so at ease with her. He took Sara's hand in his, lacing his fingers through hers, keeping his face on hers. He kissed the back of her hand. "I'm really happy that I met you, Sara."

Sara smiled. "I feel the same about you, Zak."

Gracie added her own two cents with a big "Woof!"

"We're coming Grace," Zak chuckled.

They held hands as they made their way back to his truck. "Do you think the girls are up yet? What do you ladies have planned for today anyway?"

"I doubt they're up yet, but soon. I'm not sure. I'll ask them what they feel like doing," Sara replied. "What do you have planned?"

"Work. The guys are coming over. We have voiceovers to get through."

Gracie beat them back to the truck. "Are you ready to go home, Grace?" Zak asked.

"Woof!" Gracie replied. Zak opened the door and let Gracie in the back seat. Sara climbed onto the front seat and buckled her seatbelt. Zak climbed into the truck, buckled his seatbelt, and turned the key in the ignition.

Sara reached over and touched his arm gently. "Zak, thank you for sharing this with me. It's really beautiful."

Zak stared at her for a few seconds. "You're really beautiful," Zak said softly as he ran his fingers along her cheekbone.

Gracie gave another "Woof!" and Zak and Sara both laughed.

"Someone is trying to tell us she's ready to go!" Sara motioned her head toward the back seat.

"Okay, Grace, you win," Zak replied as he put the truck in drive and headed home.