Chapter 28

Zak picked up Gracie from his mom's and headed home. The song on the radio caught his attention.

...Baby, you're like lightning in a bottle
I can't let you go now that I got it...

He opened his phone, hit Shazam, and read its finding: "Electric Love"/BORNS.

He parked his car, opened the door, and Gracie jumped out, happy to be home. Zak was glad to have his Gracie back, but at the same time, he was already missing Sara.

Zak opened the front door and Gracie ran inside. She found her favorite toy – a squeaky toy duck – and took it over to her bed.

He turned on the television for some background noise.

Zak went into the kitchen to see what food and drinks he had in the refrigerator and cupboards. If he was going to be hosting four ladies over the next few days, he wanted to make sure he was prepared. He started making a mental list of what he might need.

He checked each one of the bedrooms, making sure they were ready to go. The bedrooms rivaled those of five-star hotels. Each one had a king-sized bed and high thread count bedding. Each bedroom was en suite, as promised. His mom had done a fantastic job on the interior design. The girls would each have their own space and should be very comfortable. It wasn't often, but when he was able to, Zak enjoyed hosting friends.