Chapter 32

Zak called Sara. Her phone rang twice before she picked up.

"Hey, Handsome! Did you get my shopping list?" Sara laughed.

"I did! I already forwarded it to my assistant. How long before you're here?" The thought of Sara staying with him for the next few nights inspired him. He didn't care if he seemed too eager at this point. He was ready to let her see just how into her he was. And he was totally okay if her friends could see it, too.

"We can probably be there within an hour. I have to pack all of my stuff and get everything sorted out. Shouldn't take me too long, though. No one else has unpacked, so they're ready to go," Sara replied.

"I'll text you my address. Let me know when you're on your way, please."

"I will, for sure – and Zak?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for everything."

"You're welcome, Sara. I'll see you soon."

Sara could hear the smile in Zak's voice, and the thought of making him happy warmed her heart.

She hung up her phone and looked around her room. The girls had already gone downstairs to get Jolie and Melissa's luggage from the concierge and load everything into Melissa's car.

Sara went to the closet and picked out something to wear. She settled on a black, long sleeve, somewhat-cropped top, light blue skinny jeans, and black flip-flops. She took a quick shower, washed her face, and slathered lotion all over her body. The desert air was already drying her skin out. She sprayed some toner on her face, applied a light moisturizer and some lip-gloss.

Sara put her suitcase on the bed and began folding the items that were in the closet and placing them inside. Next, she went into the bathroom, quickly gathered her toiletries, careful not to forget anything. She did a final sweep of her room and the bathroom to be sure she hadn't left anything behind. When she was certain she had everything, she zipped her suitcase shut and waited for the girls.

Meanwhile, Zak's assistant had returned from the grocery store with everything on the list. Zak set about putting the groceries away and made sure to chill the tequila.

Just then, his phone dinged. It was a text from Sara:

we're on our way! 😉

Barely containing his enthusiasm, he typed:

Perfect, I'll see you soon.😘