Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Hey Lucas" She greeted me at her door before I walked in

"Julia, I missed you," I said hugging her once she shut the door behind me

"You just saw me last night silly," she said

I was just so drawn to her, maybe a little too clingy for comfort but she didn’t seem to have a problem with it, so I didn’t have a reason to stop.

"And the day before, and the day before that day before," she continued

"I know, but I just like spending time with you," I said as she led me to her living room where we’d usually be to watch tv together

"Well do you want something to eat? I could order in a pizza or China’s food or-"

"I was thinking that maybe we could go out to eat or something," I suggested

"Out to eat?" She questioned

"Like in public?" She asked hesitantly

"Why? You’re embarrassed of me?" I asked only half joking. Whenever I’d ask her to come out with me, she’d always reject it by coming up with an excuse, but she never told me the real reason why.

"No, of course not, I just. I know how fast rumors spread and how big you are with your band and everything so I don’t think I’m ready for that sort of fame yet," she said

I guess I could understand her point of view She didn’t want to be preyed upon by paps and the tabloids because of me and I couldn’t blame her. I was actually surprised though because most girls would kill for a spot to be in the limelight but for some reason she didn’t. Julia was different and maybe that’s what made like her even more, she wouldn’t use me like Josie did.

"I get it now, but we’re going to have to eventually go out in public. I promise it’s not as bad as it seems, I swear, my bandmates can vouch for me," I reassured her

"I know but I’m just not ready at the moment," she reasoned

"That’s fine, but you should meet my bandmates too Julia! I’ve been dying for you four to finally meet," I pushed until I noticed the change in her expression at the mention of having to meet them

"I mean not if you’re not ready for that either cause I understand about that too," I started rambling before she stopped me

"Calm down Hemmings," she said putting a hand on my thigh to get my attention

“Sorry, my bad, I’ll shut up,” I said before forcing myself to stop talking I’ve developed this rambling tick over time whenever I was with Julia, but I don’t even know how it started. The only thing I could remember was how Josie would ramble when she was nervous and the only thing I could do to get her to stop was kiss her.

Fuck Luke. You’re not supposed to be thinking about her. You know you’re not.

Especially when you’re with Julia.

Julia’s P.O.V.

I don’t know what the hell happened. Ashton told me that it would just be “one night with the dude just to get his mind off his girlfriend” and now we’ve been talking to each other for weeks. It didn’t bother me, Luke was a great guy, but whenever he looked at me I could still tell that he was still hurt. It made me feel even worse about getting paid to do this. 

I had to though. I was moving paycheck through paycheck and not even using it on myself, once I got paid from whatever crappy job I had at the time, the first thing I’d do is give it to my parents. Not because they had some strict authority over me and demanded my money, but because I knew that our life wasn’t as easy as we made it out to be. On the outside, our family seemed perfectly stable and strong, but on the inside, god, we were breaking apart at the seams. Money just got too tight with us, my mother, father, little brother, it was all spread too thin and with my impending college fund, I needed to make sure that they wouldn’t suffer because of it, so I worked my ass off. But the only jobs I could find were average waged since I didn’t haven’t even gone to a university yet.